Fasten Gun Ever "Bob Munden"

as a former marine and I.P.S.C. (International Practical Shooting Association) tactical competition local club champ who's shot, competed and learned alongside of some of the best in the world?...I find Bob Mundens feats somewhat mundane and unrealistic...for the following reasons..

Reason #1. Bobs achievements and records are what formed and founded the basic rules of "Cowboy Fast Draw Matches"...and?..."The End Of Trail" shooting competiton circut...which is the competition end of a "Lets Dress Up And Play Cowboy For The Weekend"....nich'e late 1800's hobbiest cult...and while most of the end of trail matches involve live ammo and real shooting skills?...Bobs feats and records are based on leadless "Demo Shoots" and?...

Reason #2. The "Balloons" are only 8' away and for a reason...which is...

Reason #3. Bobs shooting "BLANKS"....so the illusion is that "Bob Hit His Target" when in fact?...there was no bullets involved...just crimped cases of lotsa powder (didja notice the big loooong smoke trail coming from bobs muzzle with each shot?) which in effect is busting the balloons with a wall of unburnt (and still burning) particals of particulate gunpowder...coming out of his pistols muzzle with about 10X's the spread rate of a sawed off shotgun...and basically powder burning the balloons to burst.

Reason #4. Bobs been practicing "shooting blanks at balloons" all his life...and he's good and fast at it alright but one not so small technicality is both missing and overlooked by awed spectators...and that fact is that...

"Blanks Have Like Zero Recoil"

couple that with powder burning ballons at a mere 8' away along with a "zero recoil/sight recovery" time and?...yeah...bobs real fast at killing balloons inside of spitt'in distance...but outside of that?...out in the real world?...for those of you who are NOT afraid of being attacked by balloons and are shooting real bullets and actually "Hitting" (not just powder burning) targets that are much further away...you may find this man quite more realistic than cowboy bob...and his name is...

YouTube - Fast Shoot

L8R, Bill. :cool:

Last edited:
Your exactly right and makes good since for sure. I see the other clip several years ago and that guy is on target and realistic.

as a former marine and I.P.S.C. (International Practical Shooting Association) tactical competition local club champ who's shot, competed and learned alongside of some of the best in the world?...I find Bob Mundens feats somewhat mundane and unrealistic...for the following reasons..

Reason #1. Bobs achievements and records are what formed and founded the basic rules of "Cowboy Fast Draw Matches"...and?..."The End Of Trail" shooting competiton circut...which is the competition end of a "Lets Dress Up And Play Cowboy For The Weekend"....nich'e late 1800's hobbiest cult...and while most of the end of trail matches involve live ammo and real shooting skills?...Bobs feats and records are based on leadless "Demo Shoots" and?...

Reason #3. Bobs shooting "BLANKS"....so the illusion is that "Bob Hit His Target" when in fact?...there was no bullets involved...just crimped cases of lotsa powder (didja notice the big loooong smoke trail coming from bobs muzzle with each shot?) which in effect is busting the balloons with a wall of unburnt (and still burning) particals of particulate gunpowder...coming out of his pistols muzzle with about 10X's the spread rate of a sawed off shotgun...and basically powder burning the balloons to burst.

Reason #4. Bobs been practicing "shooting blanks at balloons" all his life...and he's good and fast at it alright but one not so small technicality is both missing and overlooked by awed spectators...and that fact is that...

couple that with powder burning ballons at a mere 8' away along with a "zero recoil/sight recovery" time and?...yeah...bobs real fast at killing balloons inside of spitt'in distance...but outside of that?...out in the real world?...for those of you who are NOT afraid of being attacked by balloons and are shooting real bullets and actually "Hitting" (not just powder burning) targets that are much further away...you may find this man quite more realistic than cowboy bob...and his name is...

YouTube - Fast Shoot

Your exactly right and makes good since for sure. I see the other clip several years ago and that guy is on target and realistic.

yeah and i'm sorry...i apologize for my toungue & cheek opines but i have little respect for demo shooters that exploit trickery on the unknowing.

as i understand it...Being a "Trick/Demo Shooter" back in the real cowboy days was risky business...cause there'd always be a wiseazz challenger in the crowd...and once the trick shooter hadta leave his gimmicks behind and step up to an armed man rather than a balloon, candle or pre-nicked quarter tossed mere feet in front of his muzzle blast by his beautiful assistant?...

all bets were off...and many times?...

the show was over...

for good. :rofl:

HAve you ever seen this guy he was on guinuess book show shooting an asparin out of the air with a bow and arrow . Those targets are not moving

Last edited by a moderator:
Jerry Micklek (sp) does some amazing things. I think he's a factory S&W shooter.

All you really need is to be under 2 seconds from concealed to first shot anyway.

Chris

YouTube - Fast Shoot

yea well maybe he is not going from surrender to a real match shoot but he is talented at his craft enough that he owns all the "records"

my roomie was a top 10 IPSC shooter for a lot of years (Matt Burkett) and I got to watch him and Latham shoot on a lot of "club nights" in Phx...

now those guys are REALLY amazing to watch.. pick up a firearm off a table from surrender, load a mag, fire of first shot on target and all under .9 sec.. ouch..

IPSC guys got some scary talents 32 rounds, 3 positions, 3 reloads and all under 7 seconds? now that is an amazing thing to watch.. (and their match pistols also lack any discernible recoil, more like a big air pistol shooting major)

http://mattburkett.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=78&Itemid=58 check out the PSV 1-3 preview (or others.. amazing shooters)

Last edited:
either way the guy is quick, hey it's entertainment... just enjoy it for what it is :laugh:

My biggest problem with Munden is that he is the biggest freakin azzhat ever! Miculik is the polar opposite, nicest guy around. He is fast at what he does, too bad he is able to talk.

My biggest problem with Munden is that he is the biggest freakin azzhat ever! Miculik is the polar opposite, nicest guy around. He is fast at what he does, too bad he is able to talk.
remember the guy that worked for Winchester? did an exhibition with their shotguns..

remember the guy that worked for Winchester? did an exhibition with their shotguns..

Yeah , don't remember his name. Didn't he throw 9 clay birds in the air at once, shoot 5, reload 4 and break all nine before they hit the ground?

He talked a fast paced script, but Munden will tell you 11 times in 10 seconds how great he is. I have talked to a couple of people that have sent sixguns to him for his action jobs. Neither was happy.

They called him about it and were both told more or less "I worked on them, I am the best, therefore there's absolutely no way anything could possibly be wrong with them, if you send them back to me I'm going to charge you the full amount to do another action job on them, I'm great, I'm wonderful, I'm a sixgun god, how dare you question my work, you know nothing, I know everything"

Every interview you will ever see of him starts with I hold all 18 records, me me me me , I'm the worlds greatest. He's a pompous azz.

The guy did talk alot about how great he is. That said, he did admit he was shooting blanks (ha, cracked myself up on that one, double inuendo).

Could I draw that fast? Nope. Is he a bit arrogant? yep Still fun to watch tho

Back