Faring screens

Wow, Guclu! you showed me up on that one! Looks really sweet. How much?
rock.gif

Well Duh! I forgot to take a pic of the whole bike  
biggrin.gif

Will post tomorrow.

Ride or fish and DaCol, I just thought the screens would dress up the bike some. A cheap mod for those without a lot of flow  
tounge.gif
I agree that they dress up the bike and functionally might keep some bugs and other debris out. I only wonder if there's a decrease in aerodynamics especially at high speeds. The vents are supposed to be an integral part of the bike's airflow. Just my $.02.

Honestly, I rarely get over 110mph. Reserve more aggressive speeds for entering interstates or passing. Just isn't safe or LEGAL on public roads! Usually cruise on the interstate around 80 to 90mph depending on traffic flow. I really do not think the screens will be a problem at those low speeds. I sure hope not
biggrin.gif
Looking at them, they can't restrict air flow that much...............

Honestly, I rarely get over 110mph. Reserve more aggressive speeds for entering interstates or passing. Just isn't safe or LEGAL on public roads! Usually cruise on the interstate around 80 to 90mph depending on traffic flow. I really do not think the screens will be a problem at those low speeds. I sure hope not  
biggrin.gif
Looking at them, they can't restrict air flow that much...............
Tom,
You're a better man than me!
wink.gif

I like it, looks good. I too plan on doing that soon. Personally, since I am not a land speed record seeker nor racer, I am not concerned about aero's. The Busa has plenty to spare.
thumbs-up.gif

O.K., sun finally came out some so I could get some decent pics of the full bike.

So, here you go........

1.JPG

Pretty easy to make yourself Guclu. All ya need are some Tin Snips, some Screen, and some High temp gasket maker or as shown above a soldering iron.

If you keep your eyes open you can sometimes find Anodized Aluminum screen in various colors and painting your mesh is also an option for various looks.

tpbio, bike looks good! Adds a finished touch.

some friends here doing such things , maybe i should join them to reduce my ebay shopping costs
smile.gif

Looks good, Brought my screen from Home Depot, gutter screen about 5.00.

I have made 100's of sets. No need to "solder" them in. Just a little silicone or epoxy.
They are a great cheap mod. Looks good TP

WATER_0.JPG

Back