Faring screens

Jet Li

What is the AWESOME????
Donating Member
Registered
Was sick last weekend and did not get started on the screens as planned. I purchased the screens from e-bay for $14.00 to my door. They were not preformed but that was really easy to do. I used a soldering iron to "plastic weld" them in first. Got that idea from Ice-Man, thanks Bro! They actually seemed very secure with just this treatment but I went ahead and used high temp gasket maker as other members suggested. Took me a total of about 4.5 hours because I decided on a spur to do one more mod while I had all the plastics off. More on that later!

Here is pic showing the "plastic weld" on the front lower hole.

frontlwrtack.JPG

The front lower hole finished side out........................

frontlowerfinish.JPG

And a last minute idea, the oilcooler screen and surrounding plastic painted silver!!

oilcoolscreenplastics.JPG

Tom,
Looks great! How 'bout a current pic of the whole scoot?

Well Duh! I forgot to take a pic of the whole bike
biggrin.gif

Will post tomorrow.

Ride or fish and DaCol, I just thought the screens would dress up the bike some. A cheap mod for those without a lot of flow
tounge.gif

Looks good. And yes it is a cosmetic mod, but you'd be amazed at the difference it makes for looks of the bike.

Well Duh! I forgot to take a pic of the whole bike  
biggrin.gif

Will post tomorrow.

Ride or fish and DaCol, I just thought the screens would dress up the bike some. A cheap mod for those without a lot of flow  
tounge.gif
Don't get me wrong, I think they look good also, just wondering if your were trying to protect from unwanted objects going into unwanted places  
wink.gif

... here is my oil screen , chrome laser cutted logo , bought from ebay while ago .

23.jpg

Back