Fan switch question with a twist.

Youkai

Registered
Well, today I got every winter mod done except the manual fan switch.  Now I read where you actually tie into the negative (black) wire for this, but I have a little twist.  I have two switches that light up (red & blue), blue for my boost gauge light and the red for the fan.  I wanted this to remind me to turn off the switches when I leave the bike.  

Now I haven't wired up the fan yet because I have a three prong switch (power, acc, ground).  When I started the wiring, I didn't know I had to tie to the ground.  My question is, can I take the acc which would have +12V charge and tie that to the ground on the fan.  My theory is regardless of the charge, when the switch is activated the circuit will close and the +12V I send to the negative wire won't matter.  Is this right?

Thanks.

some people do this mod all wrong all you have to do is jump the two wires together and the fan will com on.switch on jumped switch off not jumped.

If you are doing this as a Winter mod, makes me ask if it really gets that hot to have to put the fan on a switch.

Back