Fairing removal

...3 phillip head screws inside where the front wheel is too...
You don't need to remove any phillip head screws to remove the fairing.
So I have read.  My experience was different.
What Big T is talking about is the small black piece that wraps around the front of the fairing....the manual says to leave it connected to the side fairing and pull them off together. But its a biatch to get the fairing off/on that way without scratching stuff up, much easier to take the 3 phillips out and leave the black piece connected to the front radiator shroud.
I hate to keep coming back to this, but I don't wanna break anything.. (I actually now wanna get in and look around, being the motorhead that I am).

The dash plastic/black piece connected to the top of the lower fairing, apparently has 2 connectors that hold it onto the frame- the first is the pop-out plug up by the handlebars, and apparently another that plugs "into" the frame member.

My question is, is this plug that goes into the frame member back by the seat? And further, is it on the "top" of the frame rail? Again sorry for all of the questions, but when I tried pulling this part off, even applying some force, nothing was happening- I removed all hex bolts AND the front black plug by the handlebars, and it wouldn't come off.. And, remember, it IS plastic, so I didn't wanna tug TOO hard and hear a *SNAP*

BUSAFETT

Is there another board member some what close to you? You could go to there place and have them pull the fairing with you... Or go to the dealer, bring your tools and have one of the mech's help you.

It really is not that hard. It's actually more trying to put it back without scratching it.

...3 phillip head screws inside where the front wheel is too...
You don't need to remove any phillip head screws to remove the fairing.
So I have read.  My experience was different.
What Big T is talking about is the small black piece that wraps around the front of the fairing....the manual says to leave it connected to the side fairing and pull them off together. But its a biatch to get the fairing off/on that way without scratching stuff up, much easier to take the 3 phillips out and leave the black piece connected to the front radiator shroud.
I hate to keep coming back to this, but I don't wanna break anything..  (I actually now wanna get in and look around, being the motorhead that I am).

The dash plastic/black piece connected to the top of the lower fairing, apparently has 2 connectors that hold it onto the frame-  the first is the pop-out plug up by the handlebars, and apparently another that plugs "into" the frame member.

My question is, is this plug that goes into the frame member back by the seat?  And further, is it on the "top" of the frame rail?  Again sorry for all of the questions, but when I tried pulling this part off, even applying some force, nothing was happening-  I removed all hex bolts AND the front black plug by the handlebars, and it wouldn't come off..  And, remember, it IS plastic, so I didn't wanna tug TOO hard and hear a *SNAP*

BUSAFETT
Hey Busa you're in MD correct?

Where abouts?  Rockville?  At any rate, hit me w/ a pm w/ your # and I'll call you if you're still having trouble.  Hopefully a member that's closer can take care of you but if not just pm me and I'll call you after work (1630 hours).

<!--EDIT|BiG-T
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146582088 -->

Back