fairing grills revisited

samw5

Registered
ok i've installed some cheapo grills a few months back and so far it's been working ok but i'm really tired of having to be extremely carefull of not bending them while cleaning the bike.

I was wondering if the more expensive grills that are chromed or powered coated more resistant to bending.

Also is there an actual place that sells bulk grills for cheap? I could only find a couple places that were selling aluminum gutter screens. Nothing else.

Any thoughts?

i use gutter screens, no problems about bending them with me
chroming or powdercoating will not help the strengh if there not thicker .

that's what i had before.. no probably bending them but they just don't seem as sturdy as those in the intake vents.

any link on where you got them from? 6" wide or will the 5" do?

my gutter gard came from home depot they were about 3 feet long 5 inchs wide ( not the roll up kind)
they are very sturdy...
thumb_up.gif

*Don't* get the $2 roll of gutter screen from Home Depot/Lowes. It's too thin. Look for thicker stuff. Look for the 3-foot strips of it, they're thicker. Also, IIRC, AutoZone sells some stuff that works really well.

what's the one at Autozone called? went there b4 but couldn't find any of that stuff (maybe the store i went to was crappy). same goes to home depot, only found chicken wire (square).

if you guys have a link to a site that would be godsend!

what's the one at Autozone called? went there b4 but couldn't find any of that stuff (maybe the store i went to was crappy). same goes to home depot, only found chicken wire (square).

if you guys have a link to a site that would be godsend!
I have a section of the ones from Home Depot...(It has a sticker on it I'll go see if it has a company name on it for ya.)

the ones from Auto Zone are VERY thick you may not be able to bend them. (they are grill inserts for small cars)

what does the 10 piece set include?

i did not invest into one of those preformed sets simply because i wasn't sure that they would be any stiffer than the regular gutter screen sold for much less.

also the fact that i don't have anything chromed on the bike... figured that the alu look would be nicer.

what does the 10 piece set include?

i did not invest into one of those preformed sets simply because i wasn't sure that they would be any stiffer than the regular gutter screen sold for much less.

also the fact that i don't have anything chromed on the bike... figured that the alu look would be nicer.
You didn`t read links I posted before, aren`y ya.

10 pieces included 2 nose pieces, 6 lower fairings pieces and 2 tail pieces.

Aluminum screens (cheap crap gutter screen)much softer then steel and steel must be chromed powdercoated or painted to prevent corrosion.

I`m nor selling raw material, I can powdercoat my screens in any color.

If you go to the pashnit website you can get preformed chromed screens. The company is called clark customs I think they are on ebay. Thats were I got mine from. They fit perfect. It did take about 4 to 5 weeks to get them.

If you go to the pashnit website you can get preformed chromed screens. The company is called clark customs I think they are on ebay. Thats were I got mine from. They fit perfect. It did take about 4 to 5 weeks to get them.
just picked up the same grills. love them to death. the fitment is perfect and quality is top notch. about $85 for the set.

just picked up the same grills. love them to death. the fitment is perfect and quality is top notch. about $85 for the set.
Why would anyone pay $85 when you can get mine chromed for $50.00
iamwithstupid.gif

30 members got mine and everyone was happy.
blush.gif

I have a set of Vic's screens. They are brand new powdercoated black, never installed that I want to sell. I am looking to get what I paid for them. They are a 10 piece set which includes 6 pieces for the left and right side panels, 2 for the nose and 2 for the tail. PM me for further info.

Back