Failed motorcycle test

I got them all right, just so happens the person who made the test got most of them WRONG!!! Probably never even rode a bike in their life. Gravel and Center selection in the same ??? BS!
And #4, Sorry Pal, if you have the presence of mind, Throttle out of it ASAP!

Jelly, You did not fail, the system did. In a real life situation, you will still be alive, regardless of what a small piece of paper may tell you.
Bubba

I got the last 1 wrong. I thought you would want to get the weight off the front ?

I couldn't muscle out of a full on tank slapper !!

I got 3 out of 4. But that's only because I know the answer they are looking for :whistle: (missed #3 - I would stay out of the middle where the oil is mixing with water...

Don't worry Willem, you'll pass. Took my friend two attempts, but you can take them the next day.

I had to take it twice, once the way I would really answer and again the next day after brainwashing myself with their non-sense. The guy even at the DMV even told me point-blank "Spend the night learning it, but just enough for the test after tomorrow do your best to forget everything they are talking about"

They are looking for the best answer. The test is not written by non riders. MSF usually provides the test. Not hard if you have some training.

Wow, that's just wrong. on # 4 I'd be right there with you wheeling my way to happiness. You cannot strongarm a wobble.

I answered "b" on this, why, because I actually controlled a wobble on the big end of the drag strip, only the rear end of my bike was bouncing side to side not the front like the question is asking, and the only thing I did well actually 2 things I stood up a little off the seat to unload my weight and feather the front brakes and the bike came out of it, wont lie scared the crap out of me!!

#2 and #3 really piss me off.

#2 is completely subjective to the type of riding and the aggressiveness of your pack. If you're going to be taking a pleasure ride, I would always place the experienced riders in the rear to follow up with the newbs. Now if you're going to be carving corners, then I wouldn't want any news in front of me. So it's subjective to say the least.

#3 is complete B.S. Essentially they are saying that the middle of the lane is okey dokey in wet conditions, something that is undeniably wrong!

I failed my test twice...kept answering what I thought/knew was right before I just asked for their "correct" answers and just memorized 'em. Only missed one point on the riding portion though for stopping distance.

Man i did the same.. quit riding for about ten years came back and failed 3 times. Here in Ca its how things are worded in our test.... 4th time Aced it.. :whistle:

Back