Face recognition and AI

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
Got back from overseas, yesterday.

Have to appreciate how far advanced the US has become compared to the rest of the world.

Landed in Atlanta, by passenger count the biggest airport in the world. Going through passport control, everything by face recognition, no need to show my passport.

12 Minutes after getting off the plane, to go through immigration, pick up luggage, proceeding through customs, re-check luggage, on the train to a different terminal and at the gate for our connection flight.

That's fantastic to hear. My wife is from the Philippines and last year when we came home from Christmas the longest wait in the San Francisco airport was the immigration line.
One question - how did you get your passport stamped if you didn't go through the line?

That's fantastic to hear. My wife is from the Philippines and last year when we came home from Christmas the longest wait in the San Francisco airport was the immigration line.
One question - how did you get your passport stamped if you didn't go through the line?
Passport was stamped at country of exit, no stamp at entry to the US.

Don’t know how they do it, but they no longer check passports on exit, only the airlines do that.

On a previous trip, they scanned my passport and took a photo when I came back. It seems now that information sits in a database and is processed automatically by face recognition, as you walk past the camera coming in.

Right, it must be a digital entry record based on facial recognition.
I don’t travel out of the US often. Maybe next time I go I’ll get to enjoy this.

Right, it must be a digital entry record based on facial recognition.
I don’t travel out of the US often. Maybe next time I go I’ll get to enjoy this.
dont worry your not missing out you are being watched in every which way biometrics is just one tool to do security checks, it tracks who you talk with your vehicle number plate etc. With post 911 Bush changed the privacy law it came at the cost of freedom, NSA can even track your data on a overseas holiday. I think police can obtain the warrant for surveillance collection above lieutenant but dont quote me

collect-citizen-data.jpg

just seen this thread.... to me it smacks of an Orwellian society

members of the Klaus Schwab club i.e. WEF were cheering and commenting on how well China Ai surveillance is truly advanced way beyond what is in the west

Back