F*ck that bloody Corona virus!

Never did figure out what a cyclone ranger was though.
Extreme weatherman

oops sorry,gotta be PC ...Extreme Meteorologist.

Rubb.

I moved from London to LA in late 83, it was like the music moved with me. KROQ was playing all the stuff that was popular in the UK 6 months earlier.
I didn't know you lived in Ca. Before I was 14 I lived in a lot of cities in LA county. Then we moved to OC.

Just now, mostly working in intensive care, wearing protective clothing of other materials than leather and kevlar.
Now, the rest of the free world and I have been watching Sweden, one of the only countries in the world to buck the trend and NOT go to Level 4 lockdown . . . how is it working out for the Swedes?
Do you personally wish you had been under level 4?
What is the general consensus of opinion among the people in Sweden regarding the way the Government has handled this?
Any input you have will be appreciated . . . I've only seen the media reports and it would be good to get your opinion as you not only live there, you are right in the midst of it all working in ICU.
Thanks.

Now, the rest of the free world and I have been watching Sweden, one of the only countries in the world to buck the trend and NOT go to Level 4 lockdown . . . how is it working out for the Swedes?
What is the general consensus of opinion among the people in Sweden regarding the way the Government has handled this?
Any input you have will be appreciated . . . I've only seen the media reports and it would be good to get your opinion as you not only live there, you are right in the midst of it all working in ICU.
Thanks.
Hi. It should have been a level 5. This is when they send out the troops to shot anyone out side. They will protect every one from the virus even if they have to kill you so you WILL NOT get the virus to do it.

Thanks.
Sweden has a population of about 10 million. NZ has a population of about 4 million. Sweden has 2500+ confirmed Covid deaths. NZ has 19. Seems pretty clear to me what works....

Thanks.

Sorry for the delay, I wanted to have some time to answer and a proper keyboard before I replied. Regarding your questions, it´s hard to say whether it has been the right way to handle things or not. Depends on what the purpose is. If it is to totally minimize the death toll and prevent spread at any cost, the Swedish way is clearly not working. If on the other hand the aim is to accept a slow but copable spread with the goal of reaching group immunity, maybe this is the way to go. To be honest, I am not entirely clear of the government´s intentions myself.

What I can say from my experience from my part of the country is that the death figures you read about in the papers is not consistent with what we see in intensive care. The patients getting into the ICU have a good chance of coming out alive. However, as we are having a very low number of ICU beds per capita compared to the rest of the westworld, there is a multi-staged negative selection of patients before the ICU. Patients in city elderly care are affected the worst, first because the staff working in elderly care are not issued proper protective equipment and secondly because these patients most likely will not be admitted to the hospital at all. I think this is where most of the deaths in the Swedish figures can be found.

Also, not having been to war for some two hundred years, Swedes do not react well to military personnel and APC:s guarding the streets. The hardest line the authorities will take is recommending the Swedish people "to take into serious consideration not visiting relatives in other parts of the country during vacations".......

@Kjelle Sweden , thanks for your reply to my questions and your comments.
interesting you say . . . 'from my experience from my part of the country is that the death figures you read about in the papers is not consistent with what we see in intensive care',
this is also verified by many other hospital staff, Doctors, Nurses etc, when they do actually speak out, from all over the world.
I watched an interview of Brian Rose on London Real with Dr Andrew Kaufman and also Dr Buttar, they explained a lot of what is going on in Hospitals in the US. There is definitely a lot of questions raised.
Also . . 'Patients in city elderly care are affected the worst, first because the staff working in elderly care are not issued proper protective equipment and secondly because these patients most likely will not be admitted to the hospital at all. I think this is where most of the deaths in the Swedish figures can be found. '
the PPE equipment not being issued to staff at elderly care facilities is also happening here in NZ, it defies logic and common sense, as it is the elderly who are most susceptible to this respiratory disease. It looks like they are being abandoned and left to die, in isolation away from their families to die alone. Disgusting state of affairs!

This interview is very interesting, he talks about Sweden's approach to 'Lockdown' and why the current method of lockdown is not such a great idea . . .

Last edited:
Well, with the countries being so out of sync when it it comes to the pandemic, it is very hard to see how we can avoid having continous hot spots flaring up again every time a country decides to open up its borders again.

Some wise man said that if we had put the whole world in household quarantine for three weeks immediately when the virus first occured, the disease would have died out then and there. There are only two ways of having this virus becoming the new seasonal flu: Either reaching global herd immunity, which would need some 60-70% of the worlds population to be infected, or getting a working vaccine and making it available for everyone. A best guess is that a vaccine is at least a year away. The race is on.

I've had so many different vaccine injections over the years, I'm surprised I don't glow in the dark...

The scary ones are the experimental ones....just a batch number with an X at the beginning of the number

Back