Eye Protection

groran1000

Donating Member
Registered
I'm 65 and lately, my eyes are super sensitive to dust, sand, etc. and there is a lot of sand here in the high desert. I was thinking about some goggles but they would have to be small to fit under my full-face helmet. I thought about some swimming goggles but was not sure if the area of vision would be good enough. Does anyone have any experience using goggles or have any suggestions? thanks

I found this anyone tries them?
That's the idea. The 3 holes on the side of the lens frames balance the air to reduce fogging - that's good. I don't like the strap though. Means you have to remove your helmet to get them off for a break. In the summer sweat and stuff means you will want to remove them at a quick stop to clear. The ones I had were like regular glasses. I don't recall the type but got them Cyclegear. You could also look at shooting supply stores.

Years ago my brother rode to visit me on his Beemer (RT)...he had his electric windshield, a full face helmet and a set of wrap around sunglasses yet still managed to get a small piece of steel in his eye...we took him to the ER and he had to wear an eyepatch for his visit and no motorcycling...just in case....which really impressed the heck out of him....

Sure makes you think how a small piece of steel could defeat all that protection....

Years ago my brother rode to visit me on his Beemer (RT)...he had his electric windshield, a full face helmet and a set of wrap around sunglasses yet still managed to get a small piece of steel in his eye...we took him to the ER and he had to wear an eyepatch for his visit and no motorcycling...just in case....which really impressed the heck out of him....

Sure makes you think how a small piece of steel could defeat all that protection....
I've had quite a few pieces of steel removed from my eye at the e.r. and countless other things and a few slivers of steel I didn't need to go in for and more then half of those happened while wearing safety glasses. Don't understand why but best I can figure is the air goes around the glasses and directs it toward my eye. I still wear glasses a lot of times but it has caused me to not be a cautious as I should and I'm sure the damage caused by the stuff that had to be professionally removed is a big piece of my bad eyesight, well that and my reaching that old age status:laugh:.

I've had quite a few pieces of steel removed from my eye at the e.r. and countless other things and a few slivers of steel I didn't need to go in for and more then half of those happened while wearing safety glasses. Don't understand why but best I can figure is the air goes around the glasses and directs it toward my eye. I still wear glasses a lot of times but it has caused me to not be a cautious as I should and I'm sure the damage caused by the stuff that had to be professionally removed is a big piece of my bad eyesight, well that and my reaching that old age status:laugh:.
Hi. I have cut ground sanded welded all types and have risen with no glasses [full face helmets face shield up most of the time] for 58 yrs did get hit with slivers but never had to go to ER to get anything removed. I guess I have been very lucky.

Back