Exterier wall

shadetree57

Registered
I'm closing in my barn and hopefully turn it into a bike and small engine shop. My question is, do you think OSB will work as an outer wall? I know it can't stand much water but what if you treat it with water seal , stain or paint? It's about all I can afford to put up right now but in the future I might overlay it with something else. Thanks for all answers and have a nice weekend all.

It won't look the greatest, but as long as you keep water from penetrating the OSB, you should be fine. Exterior paint should work...

Prime it first with killz to seal it, then paint, you should be ok at that point.

I'd put a real good coat on the bottom edge and up about a roller length (9") or so on both front & back before you install. takes more time & effort, but it will make it last a helluva lot longer:thumbsup:

I'd put a real good coat on the bottom edge and up about a roller length (9") or so on both front & back before you install. takes more time & effort, but it will make it last a helluva lot longer:thumbsup:

Paintable rubberized undercoat would do well....

All of these will still eventually let weather penetrate and your in south georgia with alot of humidity. After it rains and the sun beats on it; you'll eventually have problems. I would paint it (seal it) with 2-3 coats letting it dry in between. Mainly focusing on the bottoms and corners like PBGHOST stated. Then once it's dry put it up. Then cover the outside with industrial strength plastic. They sell it at Lowe's. Hope this helps.
TGBTG:thumbsup:

Back