Extensions / Brake line question Need advice

Glockworkorang3

Registered
Hey Everyone,

I have been wanting to extend my busa for awhile so i took the jump and bought some roaring toyz extension for my 07 busa and from what I understand is I will need extensions/ Chain/ extended Brake line , hese are the parts I have bought so far.
Front sprock -1 (16)
Rear sprock +2 (42)
Extensions
new tires (not mounted yet)

My question is do i need a new extended brake arm? I don't understand why this isn't mentioned.
Also I will be using a front pitbull stand and straping the rear to the rafts in the garage using ratchet straps and I'm thinking of using a floor jacket or something for more support since it will be hanging for a week any advice on where to you the jack ...oil pan?

I have never done this before, not even taken the tire off yet , but i want to learn but do it right the first time. I do have a couple friends that have done this and there will help me actually do the job but I want to make sure I understand exactly what needs to be done. I going to be removing the stock swingarm before putting on the extensions so i can powder coat everything together.

Thank

Loosen bolt at rear brake master cylinder and roll brake line around, that will give you enough length to 6 over on extensions..

If the straps and rafter are strong I wouldn't use the floor jack also, I'd think that would just unload the front and you'd have wiggle issues. Make sure ya do the straps evenly or the bike will tend to tilt off to the side.

Love the username, BTW :thumbsup:

I did some more research to find out the name of this part and its a "rear caliper torque arm" this is the part I dont understand where it's going to fit if the extensions move caliper away do i need an extended rear caliper arm?

It depends on if your kit came with one. The kit I have for sale has a brake arm extender with it.... I have a custom hanger that does away with the arm all together if your kit doesn't have one..This works with most extended setups, depends on how far you want to slide wheel back...

I did some more research to find out the name of this part and its a "rear caliper torque arm" this is the part I dont understand where it's going to fit if the extensions move caliper away do i need an extended rear caliper arm?

Picture 1967.jpg

Ok I have a bracket that came with it, Just didn't have a extended brake line (which i can get np). here is same kit i got but mine are the black ones.
Does this bracket move the caliper on top? I hear people talking about rotating the caliper. Does this bracket move the caliper to where I use the oem torque arm?
Starting to understand this
1yg43.jpg

With that bracket, you do not use the torque arm. It puts the caliper in the stock position, but that little nub fits into the slot on the extentions.

As mentioned above, you do not need a new brake line, unless you just want to replace it. Loosen the banjo on the stock line and rotate it around to where it points out the back.

ahh ok so the bracket strengthens the caliper, which elimanates the torque arm? I'm ordering a clymer book today to help me with everything too

The arm anchors the caliper to the arm, so it does not spin when you apply the brakes. You don't use the stock brake (Torque) arm anymore. They both serve the same purpose, but you cannot use the type you rec'd with your extensions on a stock arm because the axle slot is not long enough.

Back