Another rear brake line question!

crankinaway

Registered
Unrelated to the previous thread I also have a rear brake line problem. ATC extensions came with a brake line that was way to long. After some suggestions to loop it around, it actually worked out okay and I am happy with it.

Next problem is the braided line has straight banjo unlike the factory which has more of a 22deg banjo. The banjo is contacting the caliper slider bolt before it is compressed properly which has cause a serious leak and preventing me from bleeding the brakes and finish the job. Bending the banjo is out of the question, but could I stack 2 crush washers to gain the clearance needed without any dire effects?

Are both ends straight? You might try turning it around, I wouldn't recommend using two crush washers.

Last edited:
Yeah unfortunately both end are straight. It needs only 1/16 of an inch to clear the bolt properly. So if I added an extra crush washer on the bottom side it should work perfect. I am not sure that it would seal properly either if i were to double them up. I guess they are cheap and I could try it first. If that doesn't work my other option is to clearance the caliper support a little so i can clock the banjo slightly. Right now the caliper support has a groove in it to allow the banjo to fit snuggly.

if it was me, i would contact the seller about it... and see if they will help u out with correct parts

Back