extender?

As far as extentions if you get good ones they are fine . I haven't heard of anyone having any problems with them .

(frisbee @ Jan. 26 2007,13:24)
(smonroe86 @ Jan. 26 2007,07:19)
(frisbee @ Jan. 25 2007,21:23) smonroe86, what do you want to know? No you won' be able to wheelie, yes you can do burnouts on the freeway at 60mph, yes you can still turn but it doesn't hold a line as good  , my bike is also lowered about 3" in the rear and i still scrap my spikes
wat do u mean it cant hold a line? my front end is lower just 1in if anymore i wouldnt be able to get over the gates goin in to a military installation
My front is lowered 1" also . What I mean is that when you have a long sweeping turn it just doesn't seem to stay on track as easily. I can turn with no problem I just notice that I have to hold a little harder. ITs like the differance between ridng a bike with a shorter wheelbase , you lose that flickability if you know what I mean . Its not bad but if you are into the twisties alot you don't want to do this . I still ride the twisties but this mod is for striaght speed and looks .  I plan on stiffening my dampener with 90W oil and I think that will help .
oh ok i am not much of the twisties maybe a turn here and there ha sayin that it reminds me of one time my mind went blank as if i was a rookie driver that has never rode a bike and i was doin 90mph down a hill and this big turn came and i was freaking out for some reason and then i just my mind right and said oh yea and then i was good please i know just
guns.gif
me for being stupid
but anyways i want to stay on the ground as much as possible and plus i like the look but i am not going for the 300mm tire look lol i am keeping my 200mm its perfect
i dont even know what the hell the dampers are.
i am still learning every thing about motorcycles. i just know how to start put gas in and ride lol

I think you will like ti then. As far as a dampener , it is like a stabalizer . it looks like a shock that is attached to your forks just below your handlebars. You can look and see it . I got an extra one and plan on changing the fliud in it . You can buy an adjustable one but they are big bucks . I like the 300mm tires but can't afford the swingarm for one of those . Talk to Goldenchild before you buy an arm , He does all my work and will give you a good $$. If you have any ?? PM me . Ride safe !

I get my stuff on ebay. My brother is who has the blue and white one above. I was going to go with extensions but I found a stock arm that has been welded longer on ebay for around $250 I got it powdercoated and it really works great for the look I was going for. If you want to see what the different lengths look like on the bike I have 12 my friend cody has 10 and my dad has 8 and my brother is probably getting 6 soon. we have both solid and bolt in swingarms and have had no troubles with both. If you are looking to get alott more power you might want to get a more beefed up arm but if yer under 250 horsepower I wouldn't swet it. I hope we get to ride together sometime. I still have my bike apart for the winter.

long_and_low2sm.jpg

Back