extender?

smonroe86

Donating Member
Registered
in the future after i get back from iraq i was lookin at extending my swingarm on my busa.  are the extenders ok or crap?  i was looking at those but also just thinking of buying an extended swingarm..
thanx

me.jpg

either will work, the extended swingarm in my opinion is definately stronger and better but the extensions are cheaper and alot less work to put on, just be careful who you buy either from as there are alot of parts out there that aren't what the people selling them say they are!! good luck!!
beerchug.gif

ok i am goin to look in to that, thats cool you are from omaha my bike in down in bellevue with my parents since i will be gone

bada$$, nice looking bike, love the color, when do you get back? Plenty of busa owners in omaha as I am sure you know, maybe we can get together as a group and ride when you return!! I have one as well as my dad, brother and buddy kawiboy11. One big, happy busa family!!
beerchug.gif

63301986780249875314.jpg

i will be back from iraq in 2008 but i will be in town later today after my
guns.gif
deployment ceremony but if weather permits i will be out this weekend i got out last weekend right before the snow and then i was putting the bike in the garage is when the snow started to drop
biggrin.gif

If you aren't going to have a whole bunch of H.P. then the swingarm extension blocks are good, and a lot less trouble. But if you are going to be making a bunch of H.P. then I would go with a whole swingarm so it doesn't twist.

Good extentsions are good for 300hp...cheapo versions are no better than stock HP. I know roaringtoyz.com makes a solid set. To have your extensions snap or fall off could be the end to your riding career or worse. So shop wisely.
beerchug.gif

Spend the extra $$ and go with the arm . PM Goldenchild he can do you good !

sfd.JPG

i have seen the swingarms at a good price and i dont know what a good stretch would be like a full 7 or 8 in that is just things i am still trying to figure out

I'm thinkin of an extended arm someday too but worry bout my ability to take the twisties too.

redkat05, if you want to do twisties don't extend or at least no more then 2".

(redkat05 @ Jan. 25 2007,20:00) I'm thinkin of an extended arm someday too but worry bout my ability to take the twisties too.
Get a 0-4 arm like i got sitting here for sale and no worries...

smonroe86, what do you want to know? No you won' be able to wheelie, yes you can do burnouts on the freeway at 60mph, yes you can still turn but it doesn't hold a line as good , my bike is also lowered about 3" in the rear and i still scrap my spikes

xcgxv.JPG

(frisbee @ Jan. 25 2007,21:23) smonroe86, what do you want to know? No you won' be able to wheelie, yes you can do burnouts on the freeway at 60mph, yes you can still turn but it doesn't hold a line as good  , my bike is also lowered about 3" in the rear and i still scrap my spikes
wat do u mean it cant hold a line? my front end is lower just 1in if anymore i wouldnt be able to get over the gates goin in to a military installation

I used (Exoctic Cycle) extensions, and love them.  It's generally more affordable to use extensions and you can take them (easily) off if you don't like it.

twobros.JPG

(smonroe86 @ Jan. 26 2007,07:19)
(frisbee @ Jan. 25 2007,21:23) smonroe86, what do you want to know? No you won' be able to wheelie, yes you can do burnouts on the freeway at 60mph, yes you can still turn but it doesn't hold a line as good  , my bike is also lowered about 3" in the rear and i still scrap my spikes
wat do u mean it cant hold a line? my front end is lower just 1in if anymore i wouldnt be able to get over the gates goin in to a military installation
My front is lowered 1" also . What I mean is that when you have a long sweeping turn it just doesn't seem to stay on track as easily. I can turn with no problem I just notice that I have to hold a little harder. ITs like the differance between ridng a bike with a shorter wheelbase , you lose that flickability if you know what I mean . Its not bad but if you are into the twisties alot you don't want to do this . I still ride the twisties but this mod is for striaght speed and looks . I plan on stiffening my dampener with 90W oil and I think that will help .

Back