Expired lisence tag

Strait Line

Registered
The trailer has been stored and not used for probably over a year.Somehow i didn't renew the tag, guess out of sight out of mind kinda thing.Is it a big deal to get a new registration for it any penatly's i will need to pay?
rock.gif

thanks
beerchug.gif

Around here it is not.
Just take title in and apply for a new plate.
Or they will probable charge you the time you didn't have it regestered. That is if you wanna keep the same plate.
Least that how they do it in IL.

it varies a lot from state to state. when I lived in SC, i didn't even have to have a tag on my trailer. Here in Indiana, you're supposed to, but I've seen plenty without them, and i don't see them getting pulled over or anything.

In NJ they just charge U as if U renewed your registration, but the date begins from the time it was supposed to be renewed. No penalty. Happened to me.

AZ is nice about this, title and register once and its permanent! Not a bad deal for $30.

(ibified @ Apr. 28 2007,12:29) it varies a lot from state to state.  when I lived in SC, i didn't even have to have a tag on my trailer.  Here in Indiana, you're supposed to, but I've seen plenty without them, and i don't see them getting pulled over or anything.
This is correct. Here in Louisiana, you can purchase a permanent tag that never has to be renewed as long as you on the trailer.

in TX you can fill out a no use form stating that it was not in use for the time frame, at least you can on a car.

Back