Exhaust

ThisFackinGuy

Registered
Recently purchased exhaust from rlsexhaust.com it's a slip on exhaust. My question is do I need to do any ECU flashing in order for the bike to run right? According to them it's not required but they do recommend it. I know bikes run lean I just don't want it to run any more Lean or get hotter and potentially cause damage due to the slip ons and the ECU not being flashed.

Thanks!

Even a stock exhaust and motor benefits from a tune. Too many constraints on the factory to make it do everything perfect, so slip on would be even better with one. PCV or PCV and a flash is money well spent.

what is a decent tuner? I've seen many! not sure which one is the best bang for the buck. Do they come pre-loaded with custom tunes?

I looked back and don't see where you mentioned what bike you ended up with just that you were looking but I said PCV assuming it is a gen two busa which is a power commander 5.:thumbsup: They are around 300.00.
Also personally I would check with the snarky Texan on here Johnny Cheese for flashing if you want to go that route. Flashing will get rid of the timing restrictions and the speed limiter (187 mph) if you think that holds you back too much :eek:

I looked back and don't see where you mentioned what bike you ended up with just that you were looking but I said PCV assuming it is a gen two busa which is a power commander 5.:thumbsup: They are around 300.00.
Also personally I would check with the snarky Texan on here Johnny Cheese for flashing if you want to go that route. Flashing will get rid of the timing restrictions and the speed limiter (187 mph) if you think that holds you back too much :eek:
Hi all. Go with the PC5 and a reflash.

I also meant to ask... Should I wait until the "break-in" period before installing exhaust? I just bought the 2017 on 8/19... I know they say to baby it for the first 600 miles...:moon:

whoops! left out that important detail..:banghead:. 2017!

I know you can get some great bang for your buck with a flash and a tune. But you don't need to worry about hurting your bike with just adding a slip on.

Back