Exhaust Sound!!

I got a better one!! not m/c related, but funny for sure!! will post tomorrow from my office......
biggrin.gif

I have an AWSOME exhaust system. I have about 1000 people ask me where I got them from, as they are not "ordinary". They are a real eye-catcher, and have dual exhaust nozzles per pipe (I kept both pipes on the Busa). And the sound is even better. It has a really deep GROWL to it, unlike any other bike or Busa you've ever seen. I ride with a couple of my buddies, some of which have Harley's, and I've been told that sitting at a stop light at idle, my Busa is louder and overpowering than my buddies Harley's.
P.S., out of all the exhaust previously listed in these replies (muzzy, yosh, etc...) it is none of the above! :-)
I feel like if I tell you where to find them, I'll give away this ancient chinese secret...

Thanx for the post Chris. Not as loud or impressive as live however. Infact when I was doin that my wife comes outside and wondered what all the racket was...
wink.gif
wow.gif
biggrin.gif

Shmoo,
How can you say all these wonderful things about your exhaust system and NOT tell us what they are and/or where you got them??

I have micron slip-ons because i wanted to keep the dual pipe look. I also wanted something that had a deep mellow growl but wouldn't draw the attention of every local police officer. I liked the D&D but they were way too loud, unless you are gonna wear ear plugs everytime you ride you can cancel those 500 miles road trips. my $.02 worth

They are a real eye-catcher, and have dual exhaust nozzles per pipe (I kept both pipes on the Busa).  

And the sound is even better.  It has a really deep GROWL to it, unlike any other bike or Busa you've ever seen.  

P.S., out of all the exhaust previously listed in these replies (muzzy, yosh, etc...) it is none of the above!  :-)
I feel like if I tell you where to find them, I'll give away this ancient chinese secret...
oh, so you just took off your cans??
laugh.gif

I have micron slip-ons because i wanted to keep the dual pipe look. I also wanted something that had a deep mellow growl...
Dezzy7, how expensive are these Micron slip-ons and how hard are they to install? Is it a truly deep growl? Deeper than D&D's? How would it compare to that of a Buell or any of those V-twin out there? Is it possible to hear what these Microns sound like?

drew, why don't you meet up with us in Las Vegas in April? then you can hear in person all kinds of busas!!!!

Im looking for a preformance exhaust system keeping the dual look ... Anyone out there know any good systems..

Not having heard any other systems I'm partial to Yosh RS3 systems. I only have slipons but I love the sound.

I have the Brock gen III pipe makes great power, but the HMF is the loudest pipe this side of a megaphone. I was working on my bike the other day when a buddy was doing a little remaping on the Dyno. The Busa he was working on had the HMF. That thing made my teeth hurt at 10k rpm. Do they put any packing in those things?
director.gif

IF YOU WANT TO SET THE ALARMS ON AT 1500-2500 RPM AND SOUND LIKE A DRAGSTER HIGHER,ITS HMF WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR-MINE IS THE HIGH LEVEL TWIN SIL/ER OPTION WHICH ALSO LOOK THE BUISNESS-WITH BMC ADDED I HAVE 168 AT THE BACK WHEEL

wink.gif

To add my opinion to this subject, I run with a pair of slip-on oval twin port plain titanium Blue Flame cans from 'Blue Flame Performance Engineering' over here in Lancashire UK (they're hand made to order).  They have a dual tone sound effect and look the absolute dog's!  I've a grey/silver 2002 'busa and the shape and colour of them sets it off a treat.

To be honest, I was looking for a pair of slip ons that wouldn't attract too much attention (sound wise) but these certainly turn people's head down the local high street!!  I bought them after seeing them at a bike show in London where I was also able to see and hear what they sounded like from computer set up they had running...you could try the blueflame website to see if you can download a sound file or get them to send you one.  I'm sure they would be able to ship to the states if they're not over there already - they're a big firm over here, they kitted out the winning British 2002 Superbike and Supersports teams.  Their website is:

Once I've managed it (!) I will get some pictures posted of what mine look like...

VB

Back