Exhaust Sound!!

drewwerd13

Registered
I don't want a high pitched, whiny sound.  I'm looking for a set of pipes (slip-ons or a full system) that will get me an intimidating sound similar to a Buell, Ducati, Triumph, Honda R1000, etc...  
I know the Busa can do it being 1300 cc's.  Can anyone recommend a set of pipes that can give my 2003 Busa a loud, low, rumbling type of soud??

Muzzys. one of the most distinctive and loud pipes out there. very well priced too..

lower3.jpg

good lookin pipe, titanium header.

If it is really loud you want then Yosh RS 3 Race isn't the pipe for you.  They are noticeably louder then stock and sound great though.
Welcome to the board
Jim

The micron's sound the best to me, but it'z up too u. Micron's are a very good attention getter!

HMF Bigbird is hands down the loudest, nastiest sounding pipe without going an open megaphone.

Cache, Those blacked out turn signals look great on your bike.

Thanks for the advice guys... But do you know where I can download some sound files to see what these might actually sound like on a Hayabusa??

Everyone has there own opinion. Personally I like the D&D's, I have the full D&D exhaust on mine and it is loud. Loud (real deep) enough that when I drive by cars at about 4,000 rpms it sets of car alarms. Where are you at??

Actually I just looked and saw that you are in San Jose Ca, I am in Fairfield. Maybe hookup and ride sometime, and you could hear the exhaust.

I thought the Akro had a nice deep tone, but not the loudest. Muzzy is the loudest. The Microns are very loud and low tones. Getting the same noise from an in line four that sounds like a twin will be tough. The Hindle's give a nice raspy noise too.

D&D's are the loudest... all others are just posers.... BUT, my dump pipe from the turbo is EVEN LOUDER!

If you are looking for a D&D, I got the D&D show chrome 4-2-2 with some minor blemishes underneath (where you can't see it) for $300...

Let me know....

Now this is a <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'></span>LOUD<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'></span> exhaust!!!

doc_turbo4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
All of the above are good systems. If you are looking for good sounding Slip-ons only at this time the Two-Brothers look good and sound good. Nice deep throaty sound.

I just got done installing a full Muzzy system on my 2002 Busa, and it has a nice deep sound to it. No where near as loud as the D&D slip-on I had on my ZX12.

Everyone has there own opinion.  Personally I like the D&D's, I have the full D&D exhaust on mine and it is loud.  Loud (real deep) enough that when I drive by cars at about 4,000 rpms it sets of car alarms.  Where are you at??
I like the D and D's as well.......I also have been known to set off an alarm or two.........usually on one wheel.

Do you need to remap the system when installing a slip on? Or is that just when you install a full exhaust system?

Do you need to remap the system when installing a slip on?  Or is that just when you install a full exhaust system?
Some manufactures will tell you that you don't have to remap with slipons but it couldn't hurt to have it done. I have Yosh RS3 race slipons and was told that I didn't need to do anything other then install them. I had mine remapped but that was because I had other problems. When I bought my bike I found out that the cam chain was off by a tooth.

Back