Exhaust shields?

bacon1

Registered
I noticed people have placed aftermarket exhaust inside stock silencer covers? So under the huge afterburner looking things there's an internal silencer that is separate? If so what do the stock silencer's look like? I really don't care for the giant cones on the back and was hoping for something more subdued. I'm getting older and I'm not looking for an exhaust that screams either though. I work midnights and don't want all the neighbors pissed off when I come home every night. I'd like the stock sound without the huge plastic cones, is there anything I can do?

Not sure about that, most manufacturers gear they're products for performance, which generally means a louder exhaust note. Hopefully someone will post up if there is such a product.

Staintune makes good quality canisters that are not much louder than stock, just a little deeper sound. I believe they are only available in stainless steel, which may not look the best plus they might transmit a little more heat through the seating area than stockers.

Someone needs to come out with some carbon fiber exhaust covers for the stockers and make a million on them! Maybe offer a more "normal" oval shape or something.

Ive got a pair of IXIL slipons - they came with two sets of baffles - you can go quiet, noisy, or VERY noisy.

I go the noisy option, actually sounds less harsh than running no baffles.

The quiet baffles are a little louder than stock, but not by much.

They look pretty good too, the kit includes a tail tidy.

Ive got a pair of IXIL slipons - they came with two sets of baffles - you can go quiet, noisy, or VERY noisy.

I go the noisy option, actually sounds less harsh than running no baffles.

The quiet baffles are a little louder than stock, but not by much.

They look pretty good too, the kit includes a tail tidy.

:thumbsup:

I have the Yoshi carbon fiber exhaust on mine and installed the optional inserts that come with the kit. I live in a resort town where folks are squeezed right next to each other. My neighbors comment on how nice and quiet my B King is. That's good for them. What's good for me is the lovely howl it makes when passing cagers on the highway. :smileok:

I'll have to look into those with the quiet cores. My last bike was an 07 Fz1000 with a scorpion exhaust. Again I think I must be getting too old because my flowmaster on my truck and thru-hull on my boat (big block :laugh:) seem to be getting louder every year!

Back