Any Gen-II'ers got an Akrapovic full system fitted?

Maximus Brutus

Registered
Fitted my full Akra system last week and overall I'm very pleased.

One small observation though. The system is only connected via the headers and the silencer carbon loop and on my bike even at the correct torque setting the silencer fixing isn't very rigid. In fact you can actually rotate the silencer slightly due to play in the fixing. The fixing does pass through a rubber bushing and it's the bushing that has the play. With the stock system you don't feel it because of course there is an extra bracket fixing the collector box under the engine.

I just want to make sure nothing is wrong here.

Last edited:
There are quite a few members that have an Akra full system, Scar I believe being one of 'em. Someone will chime in to help answer your question. I'm an M4 kinda guy......:laugh:

Doesn't it use the single mounting bolt that went in the center of the system behind the old cat????

I have R77 slipons and they do the same as your pipe I think is because the stock cans have a thick welded metal bracket and the aftermarkets are with a thin ssteel arround the can bracket.Thats I think why.
:beerchug:

Great looking bike.:thumbsup: I love the Akro pipes.

I have an HMF and it does the same thing. You will find that in all the aftermarket exhausts that don't use the extra mounting bolt in the center of the exhaust. And it you notice even more when the can is held on by only spings and not a clamp.

Back