Exhaust questions

too many toys

Registered
I installed a pair of slip-ons that I got off of e-bay. They are made by Pit-Eck and are polished stainless. They sound okay, not as loud as I would have liked. Actually they arent much louder than stock. The problem I have is that the bike now seems to be rich in the lower revs. It seems to burp and have a slight rich miss at or under 3500 rpm. How can I get rid of the rich stumble? Air box mod? K&N filter? And how can I get the bike a little louder? Sorry for the dumb questions guys but this is my first bike.

Your gonna probably have people that will say to mess with the baffles on your slip on, maybe cut them or drill out rivets and tamper with the end cap to let out more sound,im my opion none of these are good ideas..
You may have problems NOW with the slipons you have but those problems will get worse once you start messing with the slipons more.. A power commander may be able to help with throttle response but will not help with sound..

1. Power Commander to try different fuel maps

2. Sell slip-ons and buy different ones- D&D are reputed to be pretty loud and nasty, Yosh are more mainstream louder-than-stock pipes. I just sold a pair of Muzzy's, here's a clip-

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i154.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid154.photobucket.com/albums/s251/Shibumi_2007/Muzzyboltons.flv"></embed>

I have built and raced many cars over the years. Ive built a little esp for when a motor isnt running right. This bike is definitely rich. It burps at idle, it has a tip in stumble like an old Holley, and it stinks when youre behind it.(watery eyes and such). I know its the slip-ons because the problem goes away with the stock mufflers.
Power Commander is the only way to lean it out huh? Cant play with the fuel regulator? TPS?

on my way home from work yesterday, another bike blew bike with D&Ds on and boy were they loud (I could barely hear my Yosh)

Back