Gutted Yoshimura R77 exhaust?

greengiant551

Registered
Hi fellas! I was just wondering if anyone has taken all the packing out of a yoshimura exhaust specifically an r77. I think they are the best looking exhaust but i hate how quite they are. Would doing this be a bad idea? If they will end up being louder than a brocks alienhead then maybe i should just get those instead...Thanks!
:cheerleader:

Hi fellas! I was just wondering if anyone has taken all the packing out of a yoshimura exhaust specifically an r77. I think they are the best looking exhaust but i hate how quite they are. Would doing this be a bad idea? If they will end up being louder than a brocks alienhead then maybe i should just get those instead...Thanks!
:cheerleader:

A local guy took all the packing out of his r22's on his gsxr1000 and it was horrible! I know they motors don't sound the same to start with, but the empty pipes sounded very tinny. (sp?) Tin-like? To have the sound of tin? You know what I mean. I like pipes with some removed,,but I'd shy away from a full on gutting.

Yoshi's are only quiet when at low RPM's, so maybe you just need to apply a little more throttle? :laugh: Seriously those pipes are made to get a nice smooth power curve, not just for a sound or look. I know most people buy them for looks and that's fine but start altering them and you will end up with a sloppy, loud engine and everyone zipping past you because your engine runs so sloppy. If you like the sound of the Brocks you should buy one and tune the bike to it. just my opinion.

Hi All, i just installed Yoshimura R77 full exhaust system"carbon fiber" on my Suzuki Hayabusa 2011, but i installed the exhaust without removing the old OEM header Gaskets as said in Yoshimura installation instructions, wanted to know the reason of removing said gaskets noting that there is no air leakage after installing the exhaust with said old OEM gaskets, Moreover since i already installed the Exhaust with said gaskets and its very tough to remove the fairing then the gaskets and reinstall everything back again, Is there is any negative impact or downside what so ever in the future on my Suzuki Hayabusa 2011 by keeping said gaskets installed?

Back