Exhaust Question?

EJM05

Registered
I have a gen 1 and I want to update the exhaust but dont want to spend all the money on one currently. I can just go to an autozone store and buy some exhaust tips and high temp paint and do that right?

I have a gen 1 and I want to update the exhaust but dont want to spend all the money on one currently. I can just go to an autozone store and buy some exhaust tips and high temp paint and do that right?

You can, it will be REALLY loud

You can, it will be loud, and performance might suffer slightly, but probably not enough for you to notice.

Thanks Guys, Im not worried about performance loss cause I'm leaving in August for Afghanistan so when I get back I plan on buying a full exhaust or may treat myself to a brand new Busa!

Do you guys have any suggestions on what I could do other than the tips?

You will notice a lot of low end torque disappear. Yes that is a butt-Dino but it was significant. The front suspension did not unload as much off the line or at hard acceleration.

Also it will be loud. I didn't want to pit in ear plugs just to go across town.

I had them and went back to stock. Unless you want loud at the sake of Performance don't bother.

tapatalk - on my HTC ERIS rooted with cyanogen mod 7

You will notice a lot of low end torque disappear. Yes that is a butt-Dino but it was significant. The front suspension did not unload as much off the line or at hard acceleration.

Also it will be loud. I didn't want to pit in ear plugs just to go across town.

I had them and went back to stock. Unless you want loud at the sake of Performance don't bother.

tapatalk - on my HTC ERIS rooted with cyanogen mod 7

I dont really care for the performance of it as it is already fast enough for me. lol. Well, ill add them on and see if i like it or not. If it ends up being to loud not sure what ill do. I want loud. my old R6 was stupid loud but i liked it.

I dont really care for the performance of it as it is already fast enough for me. lol. Well, ill add them on and see if i like it or not. If it ends up being to loud not sure what ill do. I want loud. my old R6 was stupid loud but i liked it.

Take off the mufflers and midpipes and ride it around with just the header. That's what it'll sound like with the tips, basically unchanged.

Just leave it alone, and when you return home trade it or sell it for that new one. :thumbsup:

SO what is the difference between the tips from autozone and voodoo pipes?

The AutoZone tips are just that, tips. A pieice of tubing that has a slash cut on one end and tapers down on the other where it bolts on. Just for looks on the header pipe exits and like a megaphone to your mouth, same effect.
The Vodoo tips have a screen/baffle in them, but still do little to nothing on reducing decibles. Unless you love the look of either and want the sound of an open header, then consider another exhaust option.:beerchug:

Any word if they are gonna come out with a 3rd gen busa in the next 2 years? By then my 04 will have low miles from my return back from my deployment. Right now my 04 has 7,000 miles.

Any word if they are gonna come out with a 3rd gen busa in the next 2 years? By then my 04 will have low miles from my return back from my deployment. Right now my 04 has 7,000 miles.

It's possible, and we're hoping the new ZX14 is going to put more pressure on Suzuki to do so.
There has been no official word so far though.:beerchug:

hmmm. ok... lol.. has there been any word or sneak peak? probably not.

The red paint scheme as a 2012 U.S. LE model is the biggest Busa news since the gen2 release in 08.
As soon as someone gets word of an updated or new Busa you won't even have to search , it'll be everywhere here.

Back