Exhaust question

2K-Otic

Registered
Don't mean to
deadhorse.gif
if this has been covered here before, but the search function doesn't seem to be working for me  
rock.gif

Any way, my question is; do any of the aftermarket exhausts get in the way of removing the oil filter?

Just picked up a left over '06 busa this summer and I am looking to upgrade the exhaust this coming winter. I never put a new exhaust on my '05 gixxer 1000 before I traded it on the busa. The last aftermarket exhaust I had was a Vance & Hines on my old '96 gixxer 1100. That one kinda sucked because you had to remove the header just to get the oil filter off...made oil changes a real PITA. I'd appreciate any info from you all.

By the way I am a newcomer to the board. Thanks in advance.

Never had a problem getting a filter off. For drag race exhausts it may b a different story though.

Thanks guys. I thought from the looks of the systems that the filter would be accessible but wasn't sure. That's definitely pushed me over the edge into getting a full system instead of wasting time, money and energy on cans. Now I just gotta decide on how much I can spend and what system I want.

Full Akropovic system here and no problems getting the filter off. I would say that the aftermarket headers do present a small issue will getting to it since they are bigger than the stock ones but nothing that would keep you from removing the filter with the headers still attached. The oil cooler lines present more of a problem for most than headers do...

The oil cooler lines present more of a problem for most than headers do...
Elaborate please. What kind of issues are encountered with the cooler lines? Clearance problems during install? Do they need to be re-routed?

I'm sure I could figure out all this stuff the hard way. I just like to be prepared with the most information I can be before starting a new project.

Thanks

Akro Evo, it is a little tight for sure, I just wiggle it a bit.....

Back