exhaust question

hawkti

Registered
000_0006Medium.jpg

I've had my 04 for awhile and I currently have a single sided hindle exhaust. How much of a difference between what I have and the yosh r3? I was hoping to get something a little louder than what I have, but not too annoying. Any suggestions?

Also, I saw a guy on here yosh slip ons for sale, but it's a dual exhaust. Would only using one make a difference?

Yoshimura won't be louder. Running duals will make you use the stock header, or buy the V&H universal header. Duals will also not be louder, more of a deeper tone, along with just the sound of two mufflers.
You can cut about 6 inches out of your muffler and it will be louder. A similiar tone and not obnoxiously loud either. Removing the packing and not cutting the muffler will give it a raspy high pitch sound. You can always put the packing back if you don't like the sound, then cut it down

Try removing some packing. Only tools needed are a Rivet Gun and rivets. Cost less then $20 to buy.

If you buy the slip-ons you could run one without a problem. It probably won't be louder. You have a good pipe, as suggested by another I would try to remove some of the packing try it, remove more as needed, and when I was happy put it back together.

I personally would cut about 10inches off that can length. Your sound will change. How long is that can??

it's the gen 3, 20in oval.

Is there a thread is someone who has shortened their exhaust willing to send me pics or a description on how to do it?:thumbsup:

it's the gen 3, 20in oval.

Is there a thread is someone who has shortened their exhaust willing to send me pics or a description on how to do it?:thumbsup:

Looks like a pretty simple job. Will need to cut the can, and the tube that goes down the middle. Then drill new holes for the rivets to hold on the end cap. Re-stuff it, put the cap back on. Measure twice, cut once.

Back