Exhaust opinons for busa powered kit car?

Beebermd

Registered
Hey all. Im lookin for some opinions for an exhaust for my busa kit car. It's a gen 1. Due to asthestics and space, typical bike exhaust won't fit. So here is my proposition: it will be a custom 4-2-1 through an auger style silencer. I'm trying to have full flow, with some back pressure for the low end. Any thoughts about using this muffler? I could always just go straight pipes, but I'd like to be kind to my neighbors. This muffler, while not ideal nor made for bikes seems to a possible compromise. What do you think? Too restrictive? Not worth the trouble? any other options? Thanks for not laughing to hard

Link to muffler: Moroso : Category Display

It's the spiral muffler on the bottom. Flows 850cfm

Welcome to the oRg. I dont know much about that muffler, and you said that you were doing a custom 4 to 1, does that mean you will not be using OEM header? If you were using an oem or vance and hines header I would think you would be ok. What kind of fuel management will you be using? Reason I ask is you may need to tune it on a dyno to run at peak performance.

Thanks for the reply. I'm using power commander for fuel adjustments. Your right, it will prob need a tune. I guess my main concern is restriction vs back pressure. I know people who run straights usually lose some low end. I'd like to avoid that. The headers I could go either way. OEM probably let's me get away without a tune and the cats will prob give me all the back pressure I need to keep the low end grunt. Custom gets me more top power at the expense of customo tuning, MONEY, needing to make up the backpressure. Im really not sure the performance improvement would be worth the headache. I hate these damn trade offs :banghead:

Maybe a bit like my one.:laugh:

th_iphone005.jpg

Which way round is your engine mounted? Is it the same as in the bike or longitudanal like mine?
Before I fitted the turbo I used to run with 4 into 1 header, with a Yoshi Titanium Gsxr1000 can, I got it from Ebay with a scuff up for $60 :laugh:
I just mounted it with the scuff facing down out of sight.

Back