Exhaust opinion guys

orne

Registered
Since i got my 2008, it has been on the agenda to replace the OEM cans. I am set on the Jardine GP-1 Slip-ons:laugh: Do any of you have any experience on that setup or do you maybe recommend different brands? I know there are a lot of options out there but i am not looking for a full system as of now, preferably slip-ons. Suggestions maybe??:please:

From the Land of Ice and Fire
Eagleman

Since i got my 2008, it has been on the agenda to replace the OEM cans. I am set on the Jardine GP-1 Slip-ons:laugh: Do any of you have any experience on that setup or do you maybe recommend different brands? I know there are a lot of options out there but i am not looking for a full system as of now, preferably slip-ons. Suggestions maybe??:please:

Eagleman
leads me to believe in the future you may want a full system. If that's the case then just wait longer until you can afford a full system. :beerchug:

Jardine's will run you as much as a full system. Check jcmotors.com they have a great selection and fantastic prices on them, unless you need something from your neck of the woods.

If you are set on them, I have heard them and they sound good, so I see nothing wrong with them.

If you want a full system, I would just hold off on getting the slip-ons and save your money and get a full system.

R-77's is what I'm sporting, just slip on's. I love em, look great, love the look of duals on my bike. I only went with slip on's cuz I don't race my bike or care to put lots of mods for performance. This is the path I chose, the exhaust looks great.

Vance&Hines makes a universal stainless steel header now too, it will work with ANY mufflers, including the stock ones. So you can always add that in the future, it's around $450.

Eagleman

I had the Polished GP-1 Slip on's on my 08 Busa & will tell you first hand that they are very loud !!!
I got pulled over by the Po-Po & they told me they could give me a ticket for noise violation !!!
I went with 2Brothers Slip on's & they sound much better !!

Do most slip ons reduce the low or midrange at all or do they just perform as the stock cans with no need for pc3?

Still have my stock cans as well and have never really made up my mind on which aftermarket to get. Wanted the cannon until i saw and heard it in person. Nice but louudd!! Now thinking Yoshi r77, TB or Leo Vince slip on. Just after a nice tone and good looks to match the blue black 08. Don't want to loose performance on the low end.

Brock's make several good ones. All I've owned is the Alien Head and I absofreakinlutely love it. It's fairly loud and sounds soooo good. I agree on the full system. Save your money and just go all out.

Eagleman

A mate of mine rang me recently from the Australian round of the world superbikes at Phillip Island Australia coz he spotted a gen 2 busa near the track with Jardines on it (but I think it was a 4 into 1), he was absolutely over the moon about the sound and the look. He was trying to talk me into getting them but I'm a Yoshimura man. Hope that helps !! :thumbsup:

Back