exhaust full system install

makahabusa

Registered
i'm considering installing a full exhaust system on my busa in the near future. as far as removing the radiator/oil cooler....does that have to be removed or can i get by with leaving them in place? i also plan to do the PAIR removal with block off plates along with installing a powercommander IIIUSB. for those of you who have already done these mods.....any regrets, advice and/or suggestions? your help is much appreciated
smile.gif
btw living in CA will void all EPA emissions as well as void my extended warranty.....comments?

No you do not have to remove the radiator or oil cooler. but loosen all the mountings and Move it forward will be needed. You will need to remove the Pair valve to prevent back firing. If you want to keep your warranty....

Remove the Vaccume line from the Pair instead of removing it all together.

Then if you have a warranty issue you can put your factory exhaust back on.

Also when installing the full exhaust be mindfull that you'll need to put your fairings back on and ADJUST the pipes to prevent melting plastics BEFORE you tighten all the bolts down. Trust me. If you tighten first you'll be starting over later when you go to put the fairings back on! Also work from the Muffler forward when fitting. Tighten it then the midpipes then the Header flanges.

Which system are you getting? I left my pair on as I want bring the bike back to the states, I have a pc3 with NO backfiring! But you will need to take precautions to prevent plastic melting.Good luck, PM me if you have anymore questions as I've done this. HMF highmounts.NJ.

I see you're in california, you'll definitely want to leave the pair on, get caught without it and pay big time, also, does your bike have an O2 sensor? Look on the right mid pipe.

Charlesbusa & I did a full system install on my Busa. The install took us about half a day to do. I think the most difficult part of the install was doing the pair valve removal. Other than that just be extremelly carefull around the radiator grills, those fins tend to get bannged up easily. Hope this helps

<!--EDIT|busahaya
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111344427 -->

CA has no emission tests for motorcycles. So once you remove the pair valve, you'll never have to worry about it again. If you keep your old exhaust, you can always throw the stock exhaust on if you have a warranty issue.

busahaya/Charlesbusa :great walk-thru with your install...how did you rectify your problems with the fan touching the headers, plastic touching your pipes and pipe touching loop to spring. i plan to install a full yosh rs3 system.

fast sjonny's site has info about exhuast and PAIR removal, as well as a lot more. Worth checking out if you haven't already:

I regret not going with a turbo right away and saved my money that I spent on a pipe. Other than that... a pipe is sweet.

I did the full install this winter and the most cumbersome part was getting around the radiator and oil cooler. You don't have to remove it, but it may be a lot easier if you do. Overall, a pretty easy install.

busahaya/Charlesbusa :great walk-thru with your install...how did you rectify your problems with the fan touching the headers, plastic touching your pipes and pipe touching loop to spring. i plan to install a full yosh rs3 system.
I'm not sure what's he done since. You can PM "Busahaya".

Like they say above plan on a days work, lossen the fan, horn, oil cooler to make room, removing the pair it makes it easier to get your exhaust back on and you do not need it. You will most likely need to move or slightly bend the oil line so it does not touch your exhaust.
Do not tighten anything down very much expect for the head unit, until you have all the clearance, that took me the longest amount of time.

I can not believe the amount of crap they make the import bikes put on there bikes, if they want to test my bike, I will be in line behind the Harley.

Back