exhaust can for stage II?

halffast

Registered
I just bought my dream bike, the 99. It came with a funny whistle and an extra 180hp as a bonus. I know very little about turbos on bikes so bare with me. The exhaust can on the bike is stupid and must be changed. What are the best turbo exhaust cans to use without effecting performance?

IMG_0116.jpg

HMF is a good canister to use with good flow and sound.

My old Ghetto kit came with a HMF big exhaust. Sounds good and doesn't lose too much HP.

what exhaust can is on it? and why is it stupid? That might help us recommend what to put on there. +1 on HMF, both of my turbo bikes have the HMF Big bird can, one in carbon, one polished, both sound good.

Made 461 hp through that can.

As a rule you should get about 18-20 more hp with a dump pipe. However a nice can will give you that stealth look, and in some areas keep the police off your back. I originally had dual HMF cans on my turbo before I went to the dump.

Unless we are talking about a hahn kit with super restrictive full pipe i dont agree with that at all. Especially if talking about sub 300 hp range.
Posted via Mobile Device

It's probably just one of those rotary mufflers, if he takes it off he will be back to stock HP. :whistle: :laugh:

I don't know what kind of can this is. I would consider a high pipe or a dump like atticdog. What are the advantages to a can vs dump? This was a Mr. Turbo development bike manufactured 2/99. Yes, the lettering is coming off.
Thanks, John

gsxr 1300 003.jpg

gsxr 1300 002.jpg

gsxr 1300 004.jpg

gsxr 1300 001.jpg

Back