Ever saved from a cop, by a cop?

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
I was running south on hiway 1 from Pescadero Rd on my 79, about 75-85. No traffic and a fine tailwind. From behind I see a small pair of headlights getting larger in my mirrors so I crank it up to 90ish, just to see if he's serious:laugh:. He was, and caught up with me on an R1 so off we went. Into triple digits off & on nearly all the way to Santa Cruz. Very courteous rider, didn't pass me once!:laugh: Was having a ball surfing those fast fast sweepers heading south when we rode into a congested area of beach goers. Slowed to around 75 and around the next bend comes three sheriff's cars heading north. I tapped my brakes quickly so the R1 rider would slow and by the time we passed eachother we were doing maybe 65-70.

Just as (we) start around the bend and start back up to speed, I see a CHP on the side running radar. Went by him around 65-75 (55 zone) but apparently not fast enough to interest him.:please: I could see the red numbers on his dash unit flashing as we went by. Had those sheriff's cars not come by we would have been running 95+ at least, and he would have had both of us, no problem.

Stopped In Santa Cruz for gas and met Andreas, a 52 yr old guy from Mt. View, but originally from Germany. Very nice guy and a good rider. Used to have a CBX 20 years ago and really admired mine. We'll meet up soon and ride again. Maybe I'll introduce him to the Busa.:thumbsup: Really escaped an expensive afternoon today and I'm very greatful. My 79 is the one bike that I don't have wired for my V1!:banghead:

MISC 292 (Medium).jpg

MISC 272 (Medium).jpg

MISC 259 (Medium).jpg

MISC 267 (Medium).jpg

MISC 277 (Medium).jpg

What a fun little short story Terry, thanks! Doyle

Wow, same thing happened to me (on the Busa). I was trying to pass a BMW M5 who took it as a "let's do it" move. He paced me and locked me into a big wall of traffic and I don't split lanes to often, so I stayed put. Alittle ways down I got the hole and punched it (120+ in no time) the M5 wasn't anywhere to be found. Saw a cop pulled over w/ his lights on (thee old, don't mind me I pulled some1 over, but I'm really ready to pull out for you trick) so I slowed up to about 60mph (55 zone). Shortly after, there was at least 2 speed traps on both sides of the highway... Man, what a close call.

Here's one but I'll have to provide a little background so you can get the full effect.

Two days after buying the busa my dad calls. He's a Mjr. with the local sheriff's office. Says they took away his crown vic and they got him in an impala. I joke saying he's a Mjr. he doesn't need the crown vic etc.

Next day I'm on my way to the gas station, pass my mother and father's house as my dad is waiting to pull out onto the highway. As soon as I know he sees me I hit the throttle and fly past him at near triple digits.

He pulls out lights me up, and I pull over on a side road. We laugh about it, I make a joke about him having to drive an impala and he takes a good look at the bike.

Fast forward 3 days to the end of the week. Traveling same location about a mile past the parents house. I see my fathers black impala coming down the road. Knowing he probably just got off work I hit the throttle again. Pass him well into the triple digits and honk as I go by.

I check my mirrors and he's turning around, car lit up like a Christmas tree. I continue to accelerate leaving the impala in the dust the whole time thinking he's going to call me tonight and rib me about going so fast in a 45mph zone.

I get to the end of the road, several miles later. I'm sitting at the stop sign waiting to turn and who approaching the road with their blinker on......my father.

Immediately my heart sinks!

Dad pulls onto the road, rolls down his windows and starts to ask me where I"m headed etc. Very casual conversation. I say didn't I just pass you?!? Nope he says. Moments later the impala comes barreling around the curve all lit up. Dad looks at me. I look at him. He looks at the impala closing fast. Looks back and me and says ..... We bought two impala's, that's the captain.

Took a few minutes to explain to the captain what was going on. But we all had a good laugh after the fact. was some tense moments there for a bit until my father and I could explain what was going on.

Back