Ever have your credit card # stolen?

(Turbo-Torch @ Aug. 11 2007,18:03)
(BlueHaya @ Aug. 11 2007,15:49) I have read where a guy doing an investigation on credit card theft and had put up transaction devices that where suppose to clean your credit card.
People where actually stupid enough to swipe their cards and gave all the info.....and these people are breeding folks.
Nothing surprises me anymore after reading about the 76 year old perv going door to door offering free breast exams.  Not one but two women in one neighborhood fell for it.  
laugh.gif
.....and that was a bad thing.....right?

jk. bad Blue....bad Blue

(05 Busa LE @ Aug. 11 2007,18:54) NBC's Dateline's Chris Hanson did a story on internet credit fraud within the last 6 months or so.

Seems that once someone steals a card or the number, they sell it on some websites that are difficult to access. The story pointed out that most of the merchandise is sent to a small town in New York state, and they use unsuspecting residents to receive the goods and then forward them to other countries.

Pretty good story. Unbelievable, but great reporting.
Oh yeah, the guy that thought he was going to marry some chick over seas and was helping her with a business deal.

That was a great episode, its a shame NBC can accomplish things that the Government wont do.

(Wag @ Aug. 11 2007,17:21)
(big jim @ Aug. 11 2007,13:21) I work on the petroleum industry and one of the latest trens is for crroks to get a ghosting device and install that in a gas pump hooked up to the card reader in there without any one knowing anything. When you slide your card in the pump all appears normal and you get your gas and know none the difference. What they do now is go back to that station and remove the device and hook it up to a computer and they now have the information . All of this is done without the gas station knowing anything. This has become such a hot issue that the FBI has now gotten involved. This is the reason that I never use the card reader inside the pump. I will walk my big behind into the store (I can also use the exercise).
rant.gif
The device is actually visible if you pay attention.  
The device that I am talking about is not visible. The door of the dispenser is opened and this device is placed inline with all of the dispenser wiring. There is absoultly nothing vivible on the outside of the dispenser.

(big jim @ Aug. 11 2007,17:49)
(Wag @ Aug. 11 2007,17:21)
(big jim @ Aug. 11 2007,13:21) I work on the petroleum industry and one of the latest trens is for crroks to get a ghosting device and install that in a gas pump hooked up to the card reader in there without any one knowing anything. When you slide your card in the pump all appears normal and you get your gas and know none the difference. What they do now is go back to that station and remove the device and hook it up to a computer and they now have the information . All of this is done without the gas station knowing anything. This has become such a hot issue that the FBI has now gotten involved. This is the reason that I never use the card reader inside the pump. I will walk my big behind into the store (I can also use the exercise).
rant.gif
The device is actually visible if you pay attention.
The device that I am talking about is not visible. The door of the dispenser is opened and this device is placed inline with all of the dispenser wiring. There is absoultly nothing vivible on the outside of the dispenser.
That's a new one then. More power to going inside.

--Wag--

No doubt, if you can get inside and set the reader up that is some serious dedication.

It is alot easier than you would think to get inside of the dispenser. I have a picture of the device at my office. I will locate it tomorrow and post.

Here is a picture of the ghosting device. They plug it into the existing wiring harness and you would know none the difference.

MVC_006S.JPG

We have found a few down here in South Florida already. This is such a big deal now that we have been instructed that when we find one to not even touch it just report it and wait for the authorities.
lurk.gif

Back