Ever have one of those defining moments?

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
Well, here we are at day 20 with being smoke free. Good deal, I feel better, I can smell things, food taste better, etc. I still miss it from time to time, but not enough to want to smoke again. I even think I will be ok with the next drink I have, cause you know beer and smokes go together.
all_coholic.gif
I have gained a little weight, not a lot, but enough to make the jeans fit a little tight, no big deal right. We have a gym membership, but I havent seen the inside of it in about 6 months, but nonetheless, I know I need to go. Now the good part. My wife takes my son shopping today. She buys me new jeans. Size 34 waist........
wtf.gif
I admit I have gained some weight, but she said she has noticed that and she wanted me to have something comfy.
pissed.gif
Again,
wtf.gif
So I tried them on and they fit. Crap! You know I used to wear a 29x36 pant, now I wear a 34x32 pant. I got fat and shrank. I told her she would just have to get used to loving a fat man on a busa. Oh, well.......Maybe my leathers will fit better now. Thanks for letting me rant.

wtf.gif

well I tell you , my offer to buy you "New Non Smokers" drinks at spring bash could get expensive but you know I think it is going to be worth every penny!! congrats! hang in there!! I gained about 20 and am still stuck with it myself..

Dude whatever you do dont go back to smoking it's a nasty habit, unfortunatley you are going to have to watch what you eat and workout, my gf is going thru the same thing as you. good luck

Thanks guys. I guess it freaked me out a little with the gaining weight, and then baby doll buying larger jeans for me. I know its petty compared to problems of other people we know, but when your own mortality faces you, it can wake you up.

Dude whatever you do dont go back to smoking it's a nasty habit, unfortunatley you are going to have to watch what you eat and workout, my gf is going thru the same thing as you. good luck
I hope she didn't go from a 29" Waist to a 34 too!!

laugh.gif
Sorry, Couldn't resist

im just gonna cheat a lil ... on my system i only smoke when i drink ... but im a raging alcoholic jk i pretty much only drink like twice a week and i'll smoke half a pack when i do i but i dont crave it when im sober though

You were a 29 waist and now you're a 34? Gained weight? What are you up to, 130 lbs?

A little weight is definitely the lesser of the two evils, keep up the good work
beerchug.gif

Common dynamic with the inverse measurements- I was a 28x34 in High School, now 34x30. As you expand it takes up inseam- my pastor once went on a 40-day fast, liquids only, and his wife started calling him "Pastor Puddle-Pants" because as he cinched his belt in the legs got longer and longer...
winkold.gif

You were a 29 waist and now you're a 34?  Gained weight?  What are you up to,  130 lbs?
No, I used to have a 29 inch waist, and as I have gotten older, my waist size keeps increasing. Just a couple of years ago I wore a 30, this year a 32, and now a 34. I dont want to see 36 inches.

Common dynamic with the inverse measurements- I was a 28x34 in High School, now 34x30. As you expand it takes up inseam- my pastor once went on a 40-day fast, liquids only, and his wife started calling him "Pastor Puddle-Pants" because as he cinched his belt in the legs got longer and longer...  
winkold.gif
Thats funny. I will work on one thing at time. Next will be the gym.

That is why you supplant smoking with lifting weights at the gym.

One note though, I would kill to be back in size 34 waist jeans. Been as big a 40" waist and am back down to a comfy 36". So you have nothing to worry about. 36x36 now, how doe you shrink to an inseam of 32"? I don't understand that...

You were a 29 waist and now you're a 34? Gained weight? What are you up to, 130 lbs?
No, I used to have a 29 inch waist, and as I have gotten older, my waist size keeps increasing. Just a couple of years ago I wore a 30, this year a 32, and now a 34. I dont want to see 36 inches.
I went from 32" to 38" when i quit smoking... I know it is my own fault for not exercising but I cant get motivated to go out and do it after working all day... (I already hear the "do it in the morning" thing, but I am not a morning anything much less motivated to exercise.... :sigh: cant I buy something to fix this?
rock.gif

i would love to be back in 36" pants...you still have a ways to go to catch up with me
laugh.gif

Man I wish my waist was 30 anything! I've been 40+ since I can't remember when, I've never smoked anything or even had an acoholic drink. I guess I just eat too much, and I go to the gym at least 3 times a week and include cardio every session. Stay strong TWOTONE... you feather weight.
laugh.gif
thumb_up.gif

Back