Even more questions about A-Tech parts

OB_Animal

Registered
KawAbuser or Oger (if you're here as well?),

1. A-Tech half-cowl: does it also have a sort of an inside part at the front that connects to the upper, inner fairing and more or less streamlines it on the inside?

2. Are the A-Tech hugger and chain-guard a whole, i.e 1 part and not 2?

3. How does the A-Tech hugger attach to the swingarm? Saw in the Tatsumi Mook book that it was secured with tie-wraps around the brace but I'm thinking of closing the triangle between the brace and the main part of the swingarm, so I was wondering about this (of course I need to leave a part open on the LH side for the chain to run through and I will have to re-route the rear brake line as well, but it would be a very practical mod for my country as well as improving the looks in my eyes).

4. Does the A-Tech front fender (the one to go with the half-naked half-cowl look) not use the lowest mount to the fork legs?

1) The inner panels are integral to the A-TECH panels, the OEM are not and are seperate pieces

2)Two Pieces, Hugger which is secured by tyrap's and will accept a 200 tire.
Chain guard is a seperate piece.

3)Read above, you could drill and tap the upper swingarm brace. ART or Lockhart has not solved a clean installation process as of yet. Only FSMD has ofered a similar part( only available in fiberglass)

4)That fender is actually a TLR replica and TLR, Busa, 99-GSXR750 have the same fork

Further questions offline to Hemillard@snet.net

Back