Entropy(Karl)Down At Texas Mile Today

piratediverjefff

Registered
Couple of guys went down today(Entropy being one of them)at the Texas Mile and banged up pretty good,hoping for the best for them.

Will post the link with info. from over on Suzukihayabusa.org,starts on page 4;

Texas Mile March 2012

(pic of Karl from last year at Mojave)

IMG_0484.jpg

Dayum that sux!! Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery:please::please:

hate to hear this, sounds like he got beat up a bit but should recover ok...prayers sent for both of them

Hope the old goats alright. Are the offs wind or track related ?

Yep,Karl's way up there...in your age bracket.:whistle:(may take him a little longer to heal but he's a dedicated/hard core LSR racer so he'll be back:thumbsup:)

...not sure,read it may have something to do with new track surfacing,etc.

Yep,Karl's way up there...in your age bracket.:whistle:(may take him a little longer to heal but he's a dedicated/hard core LSR racer so he'll be back:thumbsup:)

...not sure,read it may have something to do with new track surfacing,etc.

Broken elbow and knee is pretty rough at any age, now in my case, I'm old as dirt :whistle:

I've never really considered Texas. From everything I've read it's a pretty rough venue. Any word out of the Bill Warner camp ?

Update :

Karl got into a motorcycle accident yesterday, March 24, 2012, at the Texas Mile race in Beeville, TX. Witnesses say that he was traveling at a high rate of speed in excess of 120 mph when the bike slid from under him and threw him in the air. He was life-flighted to a Level 2 Trauma Hospital in Corpus Christi, TX. Dad is in Trauma Intensive Care Unite (ICU). Here are a list of his major injuries from what we know AS OF: 2/24 11:00 am CST- broken clavicle (L)- broken scapula (shoulder blade- L) - 5 broken ribs (I think they are all on his L side)- L hand is shattered/ broken, will require reconstructive surgery, probably tomorrow- Mon- Possible small contusion on heart, cardiologist is there today to do more testing- "Road Rash" on the legs, elbows, upper torso- Both lungs are contused; they have intubated him.Positives:- He is not paralyzed. He was able to move his legs and toes on command and had a reasonable amount of force with his right hand (we were holding hands) - He is not a vegetable. They woke him from sedation for a little bit so he could see Mom and I and know that we are there. Although highly sedated, I could see he was still behind those blue eyes. We could ask him questions and he would shake his head yes or no. He could also point with his right hand to where there was pain. He was able to distinguish family from friends when we asked if he wanted his friends Bill and Jake to see him, he shook his head no. Mom also mentioned to him last night that they were trying to transfer him to Houston ASAP and my dad shook his head no. - HE IS ALIVESUNDAY UPDATES:- We will NOT be transferring him to Houston. It is too risky and he still is in critical condition. - Hand surgery was scheduled for this morning but the trauma doctor, Dr. Blow, postponed it to tomorrow. He wants to run some more tests--1) Brain CT2) MRI of lower back

Those are some serious injuries alone, but together they are double trouble. Man oh man. Hes got a long road ahead of him. Keep your head up and stay positive. Good to see he has a nice network of friends and family. Good luck to them in the recovery process. Hes gonna need to lean on them for awhile.

Get well soon

Praying for Karl to heal quickly and fully. I hated to see him go down.

3-26 update from another

brain CT came out clear and his hand surgery went so well this morning they didn't even have to use pins! "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding." (proverbs)

Back