Texas Mile today

I went today just spectating, I would like to know if anyone else is there also? I believe Got-Busa is here also. I didn't get a chance to talk to anyone. Guy Caputo is here also, and some other busas as well. The fastest pass that I seen on a motorcycle was 224 IIRC, and 247 for a car (Supra). There was a Lamborghini that had a mishap because of traction and went off course but it was about 1/8 mile in so no big deal.

Yesterday a black turbo fairing Busa went 261mph:cheerleader:

Bill went 255mph just before that run:cheerleader:

we left mid day yesterday, so not sure what happened after that.

my best run was 184.7,,,, but that is my first ever race event, so i have no launching skills and i had a few issues with my shifter and such but not to bad ,

the amount of money at that one race is sick you can not beleave the cars and all the money in them , plus the toys they run around the track on and what they are staying in , it was crazzzy !
- gotbusa running the texas mile ![/url]

DSCF0582.jpg

DSCF0592.jpg

DSCF0599.jpg

DSCF0606.jpg

DSCF0626.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
well he did a lot better than me but i dont think he was too happy,

was haveing some tuneing problems , restrictor , air shifter ex . i know he was still running 195+ but i think he really wanted to hit 200+ again ! im sure he will post up and explain his weekend !

im pretty sure he went to ecueditor vs. bazzaz, just wondering. im sure hell tell us how he did once he gets back home and situated.

A buddy & I rode down from Austin on Saturday, had a sore butt by the time I got back yeterday evening :moon:
Never seen so many Ford GT40s in one place!

(I was the florescent fool on the silver Honda CBR1100xx Blackbird:cheerleader:)

I took a bunch of shots with my phone here

im pretty sure he went to ecueditor vs. bazzaz, just wondering. im sure hell tell us how he did once he gets back home and situated.

Not a good weekend for me... :banghead:

Still going over the logs but ECU editor didn't work for me. I tried everything short of putting the modded GPS back in and still couldn't remove the factory restrictor. I borrowed a TRE to see if that would help and it didn't work either. The bike kept shutting down in 5th and 6th gear @ 10,200... :(

Then I tried flashing back to stock map and running a PCIII and computer went crazy. FI light came on and the bike wouldn't rev past 9,000RPM....

I wish I would have kept the Bazzaz setup that was tried and true.... :thumbsup:

Congrats to everyone that came out and set NEW records and beat there goals!

David, Austin, Cali_Kid, Bill, Bob, Tom and everyone GOOD JOB! :thumbsup:

Hope to see everyone out again in October... :beerchug:

Still going over the logs but ECU editor didn't work for me. I tried everything short of putting the modded GPS back in and still couldn't remove the factory restrictor. I borrowed a TRE to see if that would help and it didn't work either. The bike kept shutting down in 5th and 6th gear @ 10,200... :(

Then I tried flashing back to stock map and running a PCIII and computer went crazy. FI light came on and the bike wouldn't rev past 9,000RPM....

I wish I would have kept the Bazzaz setup that was tried and true.... :thumbsup:

Wow that's a strange bummer .
Sorry for that .
I have pc v and xtre with custom map and it will run all the way thru the gears.
What do you think prob was when you went back to that setup ?
Strange how the device which is supposed to remove limiter would not ?

What made you change from as you say 'tried and true' ?
Did you think the ECU editor would give you more speed with other things being same ?
Or did you change other things that made you think you needed a diff control ?

Wow that's a strange bummer .
Sorry for that .
I have pc v and xtre with custom map and it will run all the way thru the gears.
What do you think prob was when you went back to that setup ?
Strange how the device which is supposed to remove limiter would not ?

What made you change from as you say 'tried and true' ?
Did you think the ECU editor would give you more speed with other things being same ?
Or did you change other things that made you think you needed a diff control ?

I changed to the ECU editior because of factory ECU tuning ability. You can adjust more settings in the tune and fine tune the RPM settings more in depth. However, that is if it all works as intended but I just didn't see that on my bike...

I have no idea yet why it didn't work but I know for sure the ECU was shutting it down. TRE did nothing!

Have you actually run your bike to the limiter in 6th gear and logged the RPM...? What about on a dyno...?

The bike pulled like an animal from 1-4 gear (10,800rpm) but in 5th and 6th it would nose over. It would NOT pull over 10,200rpm in 6th gear no matter what I changed on the flash. One run it actually worked and I'll have to look at the log when I get home but it pulled 194.7mph and every other run was 188mph.

I didn't change anything on the bike other than removing the Bazzaz and installing the flasher and datalogger. I install a LC-1/DL-32/XD-16 so I could record my runs and see what the bike was doing. I wanted actual data to verfiy if changes were good/bad and not just guessing. I installed an air shifter also that I ran through the ECU but that worked fine until I started trying to bypass the restriction....

that kinda sucks man. how was youre bike de-restricted before?

sounds like you at had a decent time there.

have you talked to greg yet? wonder what his thought would be on why it wouldnt de-restrict.

I changed to the ECU editior because of factory ECU tuning ability. You can adjust more settings in the tune and fine tune the RPM settings more in depth. However, that is if it all works as intended but I just didn't see that on my bike...

I have no idea yet why it didn't work but I know for sure the ECU was shutting it down. TRE did nothing!

Have you actually run your bike to the limiter in 6th gear and logged the RPM...? What about on a dyno...?

The bike pulled like an animal from 1-4 gear (10,800rpm) but in 5th and 6th it would nose over. It would NOT pull over 10,200rpm in 6th gear no matter what I changed on the flash. One run it actually worked and I'll have to look at the log when I get home but it pulled 194.7mph and every other run was 188mph.

I didn't change anything on the bike other than removing the Bazzaz and installing the flasher and datalogger. I install a LC-1/DL-32/XD-16 so I could record my runs and see what the bike was doing. I wanted actual data to verfiy if changes were good/bad and not just guessing. I installed an air shifter also that I ran through the ECU but that worked fine until I started trying to bypass the restriction....
Kara is a funny thing... :rofl:

Sorry about the bad luck. I have been chicken to immediatly abandon my PCIII and USB hub for this very reason. Hopefully the motor is ok running it on the 188 limiter. I would do a leakdown anyway.

Hard to offer any suggestions but: The fact that it ran over 188 even once makes it difficult to believe it was software. The fact that you tried a TRE (or some form of 1-2-3-4-5-5 GPS) means is unlikely to be caused by software. The fact that you couldn't rev it in 5th gear also means its unlikely to be caused by software.

Is it possible that the stock fuel pump was going soft. I have seen the tune and the power drop in 4th, 5th, and 6th with the stock pump. It was driving me crazy trying to debug, but I changed the pump and the problem went away. This has happened twice. The logs would tell you if the limiter is kicking in, or the fuel is running out. As you know, its almost impossible to hear the engine at that speed. Also, what rev ECU editor did you use. Did you use the locked down ECU editor, or the experimental revision. Could the extra current drain of the Logger be causing the coils to go soft at max RPM. The damn loggers are huge current hogs.

Just some thoughts.

Sorry about the bad luck. I have been chicken to immediatly abandon my PCIII and USB hub for this very reason. Hopefully the motor is ok running it on the 188 limiter. I would do a leakdown anyway.

Hard to offer any suggestions but: The fact that it ran over 188 even once makes it difficult to believe it was software. The fact that you tried a TRE (or some form of 1-2-3-4-5-5 GPS) means is unlikely to be caused by software. The fact that you couldn't rev it in 5th gear also means its unlikely to be caused by software.

Is it possible that the stock fuel pump was going soft. I have seen the tune and the power drop in 4th, 5th, and 6th with the stock pump. It was driving me crazy trying to debug, but I changed the pump and the problem went away. This has happened twice. The logs would tell you if the limiter is kicking in, or the fuel is running out. As you know, its almost impossible to hear the engine at that speed. Also, what rev ECU editor did you use. Did you use the locked down ECU editor, or the experimental revision. Could the extra current drain of the Logger be causing the coils to go soft at max RPM. The damn loggers are huge current hogs.

Just some thoughts.

if the pumps failing wouldnt more runs reveal that? every electric one ive had go always got worse and worse till it quit. never dealt with bikes pump just convo

Sorry things didn't work out well for ya Josh, hope you sort it out. Congrats to Tom and the others that did well.

if the pumps failing wouldnt more runs reveal that? every electric one ive had go always got worse and worse till it quit. never dealt with bikes pump just convo

i dont think he ment it was failing i think he means it is just not putting out enough fuel to comp for the tune, tryiung to fattin up the fuel at top end and that the stock pump is just not doing it!

i know he has a air fuel and the data logger not sure he was haveing that problem ! but i get what he was saying and the fact the loger he is saying takes a lot of curent to run and that it may have been takeing needed voltage from the bike to run as well but again he did not log every run so i am not sure that is a problem eather !

i am not tuner and i only know what i see or hear , watching others but i am trying to learn !

so dont take all this to heat . but i guess he could get a higher presure fuel pump and see if it helps, maybe larger injectores but , to me i dont think that is it !

he was saying he had ecu editor problems and his restrictor was still active , that makes me think about my bike as well, i could not get to limiter im just not that fast yet, but i have no loger or the editor set up to check all that on my bike

any how i am sure he will get it hooked up for october !

Back