Texas Mile today

i dont think he ment it was failing i think he means it is just not putting out enough fuel to comp for the tune, tryiung to fattin up the fuel at top end and that the stock pump is just not doing it!

i know he has a air fuel and the data logger not sure he was haveing that problem ! but i get what he was saying and the fact the loger he is saying takes a lot of curent to run and that it may have been takeing needed voltage from the bike to run as well but again he did not log every run so i am not sure that is a problem eather !

i am not tuner and i only know what i see or hear , watching others but i am trying to learn !

so dont take all this to heat . but i guess he could get a higher presure fuel pump and see if it helps, maybe larger injectores but , to me i dont think that is it !

he was saying he had ecu editor problems and his restrictor was still active , that makes me think about my bike as well, i could not get to limiter im just not that fast yet, but i have no loger or the editor set up to check all that on my bike

any how i am sure he will get it hooked up for october !

thats alot of exclamation points :poke:

i dont really see how thats it either if its cutting at 10.2 every time except one.

isnt 10.2 where the soft cut is though? wonder if theres a problem there.

either way like you said im sure between josh, cheese, and greg (smithabusa) theyll get it working.

i too am scared of the ecu edit for this reason. it should be an excellent setup with the logger once they get it all figured out.:beerchug:

my bike is a test dummy for the ecu editor, i have faith, i had johnny tune and reflash flash with ecu editor, and this weekend i had him reflash for the quick shifter i got from greg as well ,works great , just had to tweek the sensitivity on the switch , after that it worked great !

any how i was looking threw the ecu editor and i am not sure what all josh has done but i did see that inthe advanced settings it has fuel presure settings and alot of other tweeks , any how i hope he get it set up , i know how expensive this can get , even when your just guessing !

i was looking at my bin file just to see how it was set up andit says my rev limiter is set at 11200, witch is good i dont want it reving to high , the limiter is off and so on , just wondering how it works, the soft cut or what , couse i was well over 11.2 this weekend and i didnt realy feal any cut outs or revs

Sorry about the bad luck. I have been chicken to immediatly abandon my PCIII and USB hub for this very reason. Hopefully the motor is ok running it on the 188 limiter. I would do a leakdown anyway.

Hard to offer any suggestions but: The fact that it ran over 188 even once makes it difficult to believe it was software. The fact that you tried a TRE (or some form of 1-2-3-4-5-5 GPS) means is unlikely to be caused by software. The fact that you couldn't rev it in 5th gear also means its unlikely to be caused by software.

Is it possible that the stock fuel pump was going soft. I have seen the tune and the power drop in 4th, 5th, and 6th with the stock pump. It was driving me crazy trying to debug, but I changed the pump and the problem went away. This has happened twice. The logs would tell you if the limiter is kicking in, or the fuel is running out. As you know, its almost impossible to hear the engine at that speed. Also, what rev ECU editor did you use. Did you use the locked down ECU editor, or the experimental revision. Could the extra current drain of the Logger be causing the coils to go soft at max RPM. The damn loggers are huge current hogs.

Just some thoughts.

Plenty of fuel! I was fat the entire time logging and removing fuel over the weekend. After looking at the logs, it appears the bike just wouldn't rev out in 6th. It pulled to 10,700-800 in 5th but then the bike just nosed over in 6th.

I'll have to look at all the logs but I'm showing a flat line shifting into 6th gear from 9,960rpm @ 28.43sec until 29.66 sec bumping to 10,100 where I abort at 31.29sec. So for almost 2-sec. it won't rev past 10,100. Some of the other logs show 10,200 but by then it's to late.

With the TRE installed it was even worse. No affect what so ever on removing the restrictor, it just popped a lot on decel and made the A/F worse....

Josh that was a bummer but as you know I was fighting a nasty limiter problem as well'
call me later tonight I have an idea

i was looking at my bin file just to see how it was set up andit says my rev limiter is set at 11200, witch is good i dont want it reving to high , the limiter is off and so on , just wondering how it works, the soft cut or what , couse i was well over 11.2 this weekend and i didnt realy feal any cut outs or revs

We tried flashing a couple different settings and even changing the limiter from 11,400 all the way to 12,000 and it made no difference. Turned soft cut off, also and no change. Tried fast flash, normal flash....did everything I could think of short of swapping the GPS mod back into the bike (by then it was Sunday and out of time).

The one decent run was using Dave's map from Johnny on pump gas it went 194. After that it went down hill from there....

Last edited:
Josh that was a bummer but as you know I was fighting a nasty limiter problem as well'

I'll give you a call. I didn't want to bother you much as you've helped me so much already. I really wanted you to get a good run with your bike since you are always helping everyone else and leaving your stuff for last.

I'd like to get over to your place and test some stuff when we have time on the dyno. I just didn't have time before the meet this year.....but having fun with the new baby so I'm happy... :beerchug:

i was hopeing to see johnny run as well, i just wish i had more info on how everything works , i have no tuneing skill as of yet so i was trying to watch you all and see what was what and how everything looked , and i know it will take more than just looking over someones sholder .

should my bike be bouncing off the rev limiter when it hits 11.2 in any gear ?

couse i dont think it did at all or is that the soft cut wher you just dont feal it at all ?

and i do know what you mean with johnny , i needed my bike flashed for the shifter and i didnt want to bother him eather couse i know he had his bike to worry about ! i just kinda felt like dead weight hanging around.

and the weekend did go kinda quick . i hope you guys get it all lined up for october , as of now i am planning on running but not for sure will have to see when registration opens !

I have one of your runs on video....if you want I will try to post it up on youtube. Sometimes they have trouble with Hi-Def

i got one! from the start line.

- gotbusa running the texas mile ![/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasnt sure of your speed...I couldnt hear them very well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, that's insane. For perspective ladies & gentlemen, that's as much horesepower as a stock Dodge Viper. Let's hear it for power to mass ratios !

I had a good time but only managed a best run of 195.4 backed up with a 195 flat, both on pump gas. The weather wasn't optimal at all with Sunday being a f'ing ***** by noon, blasted high winds cross track!

Josh it was a shame to not be able to nail down your issue, god knows we all tried.

I'll be back in October!

Back