Engine won't turn over. Help?

merczab

Registered
Hey, so I was riding home and all the sudden I stalled out. So I just turned it back on, and I noticed in the dashboard where the time and the mileage are located conked out.
I pulled over into a gas station and tried to start it, but whenever I put the key in, the area where the time and mileage should be is blank.
I've tried jump starting it, but whenever I try to turn it on it makes that whirring sound but never actually turns over.
Anyone know what I should do, or what the problem is?

P.S. I walked it 3 miles to my friends house.
hahaha.

I don't have enough info..but just a thought.....the 2 screws that hold the cables to the battery can come loose [they do on all bikes] if not checked once in a while.. hope ya figure it out.

What year and how many miles. Gen II's have a recall on the rectifier/regulator.

I thought the battery was fine though. My headlights turned on fine, and jumper cables didn't do any good.
Should I still bring it to a shop and have them check the battery?

It's an 05 with 7.8k miles.

I took off the screws on the battery and put them back on, that didn't affect it.

When I put the key into the on position it lights up orange at the dashboard but the numbers don't show up.

Should I still bring it to a shop and have them check the battery?

YES, plus its free and you will know for sure if your battery is still good or ready to go. P.S. Still original battery on this 05??

Back