engine swap

You will need to swap some parts over from the 05 engine since your ECU is 32 bit and the 99 engine is setup for 16 bit. Also the fuel system is a bit different on the 99 compared to an 05, but you should have everything you need to convert the 99 engine to the in tank fuel pump setup.

I'm sure if there is anything else I'm forgetting someone will be by to let us know.

PCS
have neigher toying with the idea to buy a wrecked 99 and part out
would like the swap info for buyer or myself if they want me to swap engines

to put a 99 motor in a 05

Crank trigger (some debate about just switching polarity, just easier to use the 05trigger and pickup with the 05 ECU)

I would swap the 99's starter and starter clutch with the 05 (updated ,03??)

Throttle bodies just use the 05'sI NEVER

I think that's it Starter clutch can cause broken cases

Crank trigger polarity.............DaveO and I had a huge discussion one night at Maxton about it. According to him this can cause timing to be off by, some number of degree's (I forget how many, and don't feel like digging out my notes' ends up being exactly mathematicaly calculatable ) I have a standalone and verified timing with a timing light so unimportant to me
supposedly on his 1507 he checked the difference
I NEVER EVER questioned Dave when he talked If he told you something you could BANK on the fact that he checked and rechecked his info. But sometime getting info out of him was tough........He worked hard for the knowledge he had and wasn't always giving any more than you asked for

Back