Hayabusa Gen 1 Engine Swap

BlackHammer

Registered
Hey Org,

My Busa is about to undergo an engine swap, previous post I was exploring options and I just came down to buying a new( to me) engine with 6k miles on it. I've got the service manual and engine removal tool ready, going to buy masking tape, a sharpie and ziplock bags so I can stay organized, and I'm going to record the whole procedure as well.

Just wondering is there anything that you guys would do while you've got the engine out of the bike??

:worthless:

82D31F0E-67C1-4B54-AD76-D2C1D12A5EC3.jpeg

What are your intention for the bike? Street? Race?

Undercut trans
Build motor
Turbo

The list can go in many directions. First and foremost is to check the pie valve.
Just Street for now, thinking of going the turbo route in a year or two once I get the funds to do everything correctly and completely. The thing has block off plates on it already so Pair valve is taken care of!!

Take pictures step by step, it'll help with reassembly. Get any motor work done prior to the install, headwork, cams, etc.
for sure! I'm thinking of just setting up a tripod and setting my phone to video record the whole thing, if not, I'll definitely be taking pictures!

Had an hour or two this morning to start working, gotta go to work for a little bit and then it’s back to swapping!!
Fairings off, throttle bodies off, electrical all labeled and photographed, bolts all bagged up and labeled , next up are the oil lines, coolant lines and exhaust

FE0F7CCA-7FF4-42FC-B13D-45B2BC52E3C9.jpeg

Back