Engine specs

bobq31

Registered
So I put a turbo on, got the icebox hooked up and now my compression is too high. I got a thicker base plate but I'm having a hell of a time figuring my compression ratio so i can figure how much boost this E-85 fuel will take. Anybody point me somewhere???

the E85 will take a lot of boost
what size spacer did you use
with an .08 spacer i believe you are around 9.5:1 compression (if i remember right)

I bought a 100 spacer. Terry Kizer at Mr. Turbo said that is an insane amount to but the piston in the hole. Cliff at MTC told me it should be ok. SO I'm just not sure. So I found the compression calculators but I don't know where to get all the specs it's askint for. Deck height, piston capacity and such.

the stock setup on the gen 1 busa is 11:1 compression
if you spacer it .1 it would be around 9:1 or just a hair over
but that is a little much to put it in the hole
that could cause a different problem or its own
they say not to put the pistons to far in the hole

New to the form, but when you refer to being to deep in the hole could cause a different problem or its own. What problems are we looking at and who is "they"? Just wondering.

At first i was worried about keeping quench high and all that but if you look at all the turbo pistons made there is no way to get good quench out of them because of the dish on them. You could get good quench on the rim but the rest is lost to the dish. So I'm not too worried about quench.

The whole idea of the turbo pistons is getting quench with the decompressed engine.
something you loose with spacer and std pistons.and with a .100 spacer
you will loose too much down low with that spacer unless you realy want high boost and are willing to compromise on the off boost stuff i would stick to the .080.

Back