Engine Ice ????

jmaz268

Killin' is my business, a
Donating Member
Registered
How much do I actually need to buy. How do you mix it...half in half or more dilluted.

John

u will need like 3.3 or 3.8 qts., can,t remember exactly, check your manual to be sure. I just did it to mine, but havn,t been in trafic yet to c if it works.

Aproximately 3.5 quarts depending on how thouroughly you rinse and evacuate the old coolant. And engine Ice is already premixed, just open and pour baby.
biggrin.gif

...If you are putting in Engine Ice, you dont have to mix it!! Its pre mixed... pour and go
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Just pour it in...Aprilia uses it in everything. Good stuff!

If you are going to use Engine Ice, you might as well go to straight NPG. Evans cooling and Amsoil sell it. The price has dropped and is now reasonable. Evans has detailed specs on their websight.

Later,

Steve

you'll need 1.5 bottles of it, so order 2 or order 3 and do two busas
cool.gif

It comes in a half gallon...@ 16.95 I used one container and just alittle in another. No mixing or deluting just pour and go...

Don't waste your money man!
Its funny how some people dont know what there talking about, I know for a fact its the best on the market Me and another Busa brother got into a major traffic jam for almost 2 hrs and he kept shutting his down, mine just purred right on....Laters
guns.gif
wow.gif

This stuff works..... Not sure where to buy online! Got mine from the local dealership

wonderful product! bike used to overheat when stopped for a long period of time.... now, it never does! i recommend it.

Suzuki specs says to use Ethylene Glycol based coolant,

ENgine Ice is Propylene Glycole based.

Could someone explained why it would not do any damage?

Well i ordered it at a local dealership. 17 bucks a half gallon

Some people just have more money than brains.  I've tried both Engine Ice and Water Wetter.  Neither made any noticeable difference in my 04.

The trick here is just to keep moving  
wink.gif

Some people just have more money than brains. I've tried both Engine Ice and Water Wetter. Neither made any noticeable difference in my 04.

The trick here is just to keep moving
wink.gif
I think that's what he was saying. In stop and go on a hot day, the slow moving and fan is better than having to cut off the bike periodically. I would think that if the engine was running cooler, the oil would take longer to break down and the engine would last longer.

I found a page with what appears to be lots of good info gathered from various sources; magazines and web forums. I'm going to read it and understand the variables to determine what sort of coolant you should use.

Initially it looks like changing it every year is manditory since the corrosion inhibitors are depleted. Which one to use seems to be based on what the engine and radiator is made of and what sort of water you put into the mixture.

Carl

Back