Engine governor and rev limiter

bigballer_873

Registered
I was talking with a guy yesterday who had a 03 white bus lme. He told me he bought a mod device that plugs into the wiring under the tank that eliminates the engine govenor and rev limiter, resulting in more power thru all 6 gears and being able to reach 200mph. He said it essentially makes it comparable to the 99 busas which could reach 200mph. I think the brand was Iben? Can anyone tell me if this guy is full of **** or is there truth to this? If so what is the name of the company or companies that makes these devices? Or is there another way to eliminate the govenor and rev limiter? I don't know much about this and would like to hear from any of you guys who have knowledge on this.

Do a search on TRE or Time Retardation Eliminator and prepare to spend weeks reading.

tre.jpg

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
newbie.gif
and post up some info and pics. It's the
post-52-02162-rulez8bn.gif

Don't get pissed with me, it's an ongoing joke here; the Tree / TRE

i had the same question about the TRE thing. there is a company on ebay that is selling some and it's only $50. i thought i should ask if anyone had one and if they actully worked.
ukliam3.gif

the company on ebay is saying that "sport rider" magazne, issue 13, APR 2003, did a test on 3 different ones.

Thanks for the input. I also found some other posts about tres that were helpful. I haven't decided if I am going to get one yet. I will post some pics of my bike after I get my pipes put on.

Bought a TRE it did smooth out
the throttle in first gear, but also
lost gas mileage. Have not gotten
the nerve to check if the governer
is removed lost nerve at 160
biggrin.gif

I have the Atre From GiPro it has a gear position indicator. i like it i just wish they had a blue display when i bought mine

IMGA4719.JPG

The company name is "Ivan", it doesn't increase HP, it doesn't "remove" the rev limiter, and not even the original Busa can run 200mph.
wink.gif

Back