Engine cuts outs.

edouard_g

Registered
Hi all I have this problem: the bike on three occasions now cut out on me completely.

1/ riding though some rain the engine started to hesitate on the throttle from coasting. the engine soon after cut out completely. the "This is the big one" FI warning comes on and the thing now wont crank.
I conclude: only crank and cam sensor failure will stop the thing cranking.

after waiting 3 hours for a "tow truck" the thing could crank but ran like shite. I tow the bike to the shop where the next day the thing starts and runs no problem (error code gone).

I later ride through a monsoonal storm with no problem (quite pleased now but soaked).

2/ during dry day a week later, just as I  open the taps to near full in third to get a bit of a breeze happening, the engine cuts out for a second and then resumes (tank near the red at this stage) I ride home everything seems fine.

3/ after a massive pissdown overnight the bike starts,  I fold up my cover under the rear seat and get on to hit the traffic and then the  thing dies and fails to start and run properly. the FI light is on. I'm ready with my paperclip this time, and Its an error C13 IAP sensor fault.

Now most ppl would say its the sensor. But the IAP sensor is right under the air box with no way of getting wet.  Any ideas? these intermittent problems are the worst. Help

eD.

Maybe not the same circumstances, but what's your idle speed with the engine warm? Mine was "soft" dying during shifting and it turned out my idle was about 100 rpm below specs. I raised mine to minimum specs of 1050 rpm and haven't had another die out since.

Its not the idling, Now i am getting problems in dry wheather. Today all seemed fine, until I opened the throttle a bit wide, the bike hesitated and from there the bike started to run rough. At the next trafiic light the thing stopped and the C13 error came up.

played around with the wires a bit and disconnected the sensor and soon all was fine, Head down to suzuki parts and put a new sensor (~US$200!!) in; the problem remains. lucky the shop took back the sensor.

I'm having the fuel pump looked at and the wiring loom checked out. Once they claim the bike fixed I'll have them dyno the thing too, as i feel the thing loosing power too.

eD.

Bugsy,

Did not know you lurked in these parts. The bike at Looi's as we speak. They have a few busa's there, so some transplant based trouble shooting is possible at least.

I know the problem is a simple thing but a highly ellusive and cunning one. My fear is that they going to bill me piece by piece until all the electrics replaced!

All these problems making me look at other bikes, but once in the saddle and under way the Haya spell returns, and all is forgiven. Altough I have friend with "spare" Fjr1300.

The chap there said they just dynoed 200hp normally aspirated busa, was that that yours?

eD

I visits several forums whenever I could.
Can't get much from the local forum, all they do is blah blah............

Didn't notice it when I was there on Thursday.  

Relax, solve the problem first. Talk to the mechanic,he quote reasonable price.

race.gif

smile.gif

<!--EDIT|Bugsy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081658294 -->

Bugsy,

You did not see it on Thursday because I left it there on Sat. I guess he will only look at it this morning, I bet the thing starts without problems, and the guy will ring me and tell me its "fixed".

The price not so much of a problem, can they find the problem is the problem. The ECU claims its the C13, but its only symptomatic. I can't believe the sensor cost S$350! the equivalent CBRXX one is less than $100 I heard.

eD.

yeah man. Someone is laughing all the way to the bank that's for sure.

The mech put in "spare" one, even though I told them the sensor is not the problem, 'being methodical I suppose. Anyway, at least I can get to work without public transport. I plan to head back down there on Saturday and blast up and down their street until the error pops out again, and then see what else they can come up with, unless the cops object.

Say, The other day I push the off button to kill the engine while coasting to a stop in my parking area, and the Check error came up, does this happen anyone here? I wonder if its an other clue?

Had the bike dynoed and came up with 162HP , so I guess mechanically things are not too shabby.

eD.

yeah man. Someone is laughing all the way to the bank that's for sure.

The mech put in "spare" one, even though I told them the sensor is not the problem, 'being methodical I suppose. Anyway, at least I can get to work without public transport. I plan to head back down there on Saturday and blast up and down their street until the error pops out again, and then see what else they can come up with, unless the cops object.

Say, The other day I push the off button to kill the engine while coasting to a stop in my parking area, and the Check error came up, does this happen anyone here? I wonder if its an other clue?

Had the bike dynoed and came up with 162HP  , so I guess mechanically things are not too shabby.

eD.
The Check thing will pop up when you switch the engine kill , switch it back and it will go away.

162, that number is nice.........

Back