Cranks And Cranks Won't Start

Jessy

Registered
Cranks and cranks when bike has say been siting for a day? But it eventually starts and after that boom golden untill the bike sits and becomes dead cold again

History on bike is previous owner installed 16 bit system (04bike)
Never missed a beat when starting but rent like crap because of voodoo full system without a tune

I reinstalled the 32 bit system first time I started it it just wanted to crank ... I unplugged ecu and plugged it back in it started odd but whatever
It dosent always do this crank crank crank thing
Now key point here it did this before I reflashed the ecu I have woolrich software I can do my own tunes
I added fuel across the map above 2000 rpm not touching the idle mixtures
Think I have a bad kickstand sensor? Clutch sensor? Coil? Crank sensor ?
Opinions? What normally causes this

quick update the far right cylinder when your sitting on the bike is reading a whole 200!! degrees lower than the others that are just around 600 degrees Fahrenheit
now I have the ecu set to 5&6 unified and maintaining offset between outer and inner cylinders
my first steps of action will be hooking up test diodes to the fuel injector's and spark plug all inline testers..
and of course new plugs and a compression test on all 4 while I'm in there
any way to make the ingector not fire to test other than unplugging them ? was told there 8 injectors? high and low side makes sense to me in carbureted terms but idno about f.i

I would think a simple resistance test would determine a faulty injector. Measure the ohms on each individual injector. High reading or open circuit is bad inj. You should also check the power and ground to the injectors with a test light to rule out broken wires.

Last edited:
well I re synced the throttle plates made it way better
but I'm thinking now it might be cranking too slow from a bad battery when I hooked the jumper box up to start cycle it cranked way fast and fired up almost instantly
like faster than I have ever heard this bike crank

Back