Electrical problem please help........

busarider2013

Registered
I was riding the 2002 hayabusa home at 2am as i was riding all the light flickred and all power went out,the battery is good as i have leds on my bike and its still on,3 hours earlier i was riding and she out of no where started to trow out radiator fluid all over the bike she got hot i turned her off for 4 hours,then as i was riding home all power goes off and nothing i checked fuse for igation and it's good,i have not checked nothing more as its late and i have to hit the bed but as soon as i wake up i will be looking over her....... Anything i should look for??please help thanks

What have you done to her lately? Lights coming in and out could be the plug on the back of the gauge cluster.

wait, you blew a coolant line at the same time?

I'd say fuses or even the battery connection (your led's may not be making poor contact).

But there's two issues in play here dude....update?

Edit: when you say all power went out, do you mean the dash lights? or the motor switched off/computer switched off/guages switched off...

ok looks like the fuse on the left side rear blew where the battery cable connects to the lil block,and i put her on service mode and i get c00 whice means nothing wrong,also i dont get the coolant line thing,i filled her up today and no leaks,i have no idea where all the fluid shoot from last night out of the left side of the bike.. i cant seem to find any hoe's leaking or anything also am still checking problems but that same fuse is still blowing when she gets hot and the fan i think comes on fuse blows,maybe water got into something am not sure am in the process of checking everything now too see.pain in the ass...

welll any help will be wonderfull and here's a pic for ya to enjoy :)

20140522_220159_zps2478696e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It seems you got a short somewhere, and that's why the main fuse blows. And if the main fuse blew, it's a really bad short. So, don't try different fuses - they will all blow. Any work was done on the bike prior to shorting?

Regarding the coolant, the leak will only develop under pressure. For instance, if you forgot to tighten the hose on the bottom, it will look OK, but under pressure may produce a burst of coolant. Once out of pressurized system, the coolant will turn into steam - a lot of mess.

No easy way to troubleshoot your issues online. You have to find the short first, and check the hoses. Take off the left fairing, idle her till the temp stays in the middle, then idle more and see where the steam/coolant comes from. I would suspect the lower hose cause that's the one that has to be removed in order to drain the coolant. So, whoever did your last coolant change may not have tightened the clamp, or a crack developed. You gotta look carefully with a flashlight.

Nice bike, BTW. I am sure has a lot of heads turned.

yeah i did that let her get real hot and nothing,dont make sense,could it shot out of the re savior bottle?no work i think maybe the fluid got into something and made it short because it was all fine before that,i dried it all out am in the process right now too see if it will blow again...keep ya update in a few

ok looks like the fuse on the left side rear blew where the battery cable connects to the lil block,and i put her on service mode and i get c00 whice means nothing wrong,also i dont get the coolant line thing,i filled her up today and no leaks,i have no idea where all the fluid shoot from last night out of the left side of the bike.. i cant seem to find any hoe's leaking or anything also am still checking problems but that same fuse is still blowing when she gets hot and the fan i think comes on fuse blows,maybe water got into something am not sure am in the process of checking everything now too see.pain in the ass...

welll any help will be wonderfull and here's a pic for ya to enjoy :)
I think they call that the main fuse. I just didn't feel like trying to pull the disgrams the other night at work on a freaking phone :laugh:

The fan fuse in the fuse block should only be a 10amp fuse. If your blow the main fuse on the bike, make sure that the proper fuse is in the fuse box. Next you need to make sure that your fan is good. It might be stuck, frozen, or just bad. But you need to figure it out either way.

If you keep over heating the bike like this, you can cause damage to the motor.

Maybe the electrical problem stopped the fan, causing the bike to over heat. If the antifreeze was not steaming out them it was probably over-flowing the expansion tank. So I say this is an electrical problem and the coolant is just a resulting symptom. Of course my advice to you is o dowhat GIXERHP says and disregard anything else I tell you but that. :laugh:

Do you have the light up kanji stickers? I had one of the capacitors go south on my bike thing got hot almost exploded. Definitely sounds like a short tho.

Oops, quick reading got me. The leak must have caused a short. I guess a very basic way to troubleshoot this would be to pull all fuses then replace the main fuse. If it holds start replacing the fuses one at a time until it blows. This might not be possible.

If you have an ohm meter you could pull the main and start checking each fuse to ground until you found the short or near short.

Back