El Diablo gets -1 front sprocket...

Good pics as always BT.
smile.gif
Thanks.
beerchug.gif
Not exactly a useful step by step for the folks on this board but most of us here are just plain ol' photo whores anyway and like seein' pics of ANYTHING.
wink.gif
Exactly, love all pics.

That's some crazy poop. I think they geared the '04 Zx10r and R1 a little conservatively but -1 in the rear will fix that. I'm waiting for a +2 rear sprocket for my '03 R1 and I'm sure it will be a handful. If I were to get a Busa I'd probably regear it as one of the first mods. The two programs that I've run show that -1/+2 will still give a possible top speed in the 180+ range which would be more than enough for what I normally see

Nice pics Chris
cool.gif

I'm not sure about this, but I noticed something in the first pic that may become an issue.
rock.gif

The sensor that is on the sprocket cover looks like a magnetic speed sensor. It looks like the factory sprocket has holes in it to create the pulses for the pulse counter.

The aftermarket sprocket doesn't have any holes in it. This may cause your speed sensor to not work.

I may be looking at this all wrong. The sensor may be looking at the links of the chain, or at the mounting bolts, but it sure looks like it is placed directly over the holes in the factory sprocket.

Hope it all still works for you. You really don't need a speedometer anyway, and it'll save you from rackin up mileage.
laugh.gif

You know...after looking some more, it may be picking up on the flats of the anodized nut. If so, then you're good to go.
biggrin.gif

Nice pics Chris
cool.gif

I'm not sure about this, but I noticed something in the first pic that may become an issue.
rock.gif

The sensor that is on the sprocket cover looks like a magnetic speed sensor. It looks like the factory sprocket has holes in it to create the pulses for the pulse counter.

The aftermarket sprocket doesn't have any holes in it. This may cause your speed sensor to not work.

I may be looking at this all wrong. The sensor may be looking at the links of the chain, or at the mounting bolts, but it sure looks like it is placed directly over the holes in the factory sprocket.

Hope it all still works for you. You really don't need a speedometer anyway, and it'll save you from rackin up mileage.
laugh.gif
I'm not sure... I know lots of folks are runnin' aftermarket front sprockets and their speedo is workin'. I'm not sure what it's pickin' up on but I don't think it's those holes. I think the holes are like everything else on the 10... for weight savings. Most of the bolts on it are hollow and EVERYTHING seems to be as light as possible.
wink.gif

Nice BT, I like it. Hey I thought no more modding for awhile.
tounge.gif
JK, hey excellent pics by the way.

Ok, it's all buttoned back up and ready to ride. Speedo works (albeit with a likely +/-12% error factor). Chain is super clean, CS chain guard is spotless (
wink.gif
) and everything is torqued to specs. If it wasn't rainin' and all wet out I'd roll out for a test ride right now. Hopefully it will clear up Thursday enough to give 'er a go.

I dunno what the fug Kawi used to lube the chain but that shid is NASTY! It's more like a fuggin' grease than an oil. That shid was caked everywhere. Three good soakings with WD40 and several wipedowns later and it looks better than it did when I took delivery. As soon as I have a chance to ride and get the chain warm I'm gonna spray it with the Motul chain lube I got the other day. Hopefully it won't cake up like the factory goo did...

Anyway, look for a ride report with the gearing change as soon as the roads are dry enough to hold it.
devil.gif

Cant wait for the ride report. Yeah, the dealers use some sticky crap on the chain when they prep them. I had a bunch on the Busa when I changed the cover too. Just had to get ya on that though......
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Cant wait for the ride report. Yeah, the dealers use some sticky crap on the chain when they prep them. I had a bunch on the Busa when I changed the cover too. Just had to get ya on that though......
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Yeah, I think Kawi used tar.
drooling3.gif

And yeah, I knew I'd get gigged on the crud. I just didn't feel like cleanin' it yesterday before the pics. I was out of work sick when I did it. Head about to explode and couldn't hardly see. That's the main reason I waited to button it back up. Didn't wanna do it with my head all fugged up and miss somethin'. Finished up tonight with a nice residual headache from yesterday but at least I could think and see clearly.
wink.gif

I'd post a pic of how clean the chain is now but then you'd all see how friggin' filthy my rear wheel is.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Ahhh, I'm ridin' more and cleanin' less on the 10 anyway. I'll post a couple pics of my clean arse chain.
biggrin.gif

First, one of the shots taken before cleanin. Notice the crud built up on the chain...

36680543.jpg

Now the after cleanin' pics... I covered the wheel with cardboard out of shame... but I let ya see the dust on the swing arm in the bottom of the second pic.
blush.gif

36724723.jpg

36724724.jpg

You know...after looking some more, it may be picking up on the flats of the anodized nut. If so, then you're good to go.
biggrin.gif
Actually after examining everything while puttin' it back together I think the sensor is readin' the four corners of the outer portion of the cs nut. Evidently it gets four pulses per revolution of the countershaft and calculates that into speed. Best I can tell that's gotta be what it uses. The sensor is positioned so that this is the only thing that could make sense.

You know...after looking some more, it may be picking up on the flats of the anodized nut.  If so, then you're good to go.
biggrin.gif
Actually after examining everything while puttin' it back together I think the sensor is readin' the four corners of the outer portion of the cs nut. Evidently it gets four pulses per revolution of the countershaft and calculates that into speed. Best I can tell that's gotta be what it uses. The sensor is positioned so that this is the only thing that could make sense.
Cool. At least you know it works now.
biggrin.gif
I've got to stop posting while I'm at work...It's that whole Instrumentation/Controls troubleshooting mind set that gets me in trouble.
laugh.gif

Hope yoou can get a ride in before all of the rain comes your way. It looked nasty on the weather channel this morning.
wow.gif

biggrin.gif

Back