ECU Tuned by Cycle Connection

TDI2Fan

Registered
Before the tune - K&N Air Filter, Akrapovic 4-2-1 Stainless, Denso IU01-27, & 93 Octane Pump gas - 174.4 HP and 93.4 TQ

After the tune - 180.9 HP and 103.3 TQ

Power is much more linear and the HP/TQ curves show that. I am a twisty kind of guy and this thing feels SPECTACULAR in the twisties.

Road on 30 May on Route 33 VA/WVA area. Just awesome!

I believe there is a night/day difference in manners. I truly recommend Shawn at Cycle Connection for an ECU Tune.

What say the Cheese to this tune??

Cycle Connection
24230 Laytonsville Road, Gaithersburg, MD 20882-3128
(301) 253-8881‎
Home

Dyno-2008-GenII-before.jpg

Dyno-2008-GenII-after.jpg

Last edited:
Update - I was able to go on a fairly long ride today, two-up, and I have to say that I continue to be impressed with the tune. With the extra weight, all was well. Also, received about 40 MPG with a mixed bag of riding. Bike pulled really strong from way down low in the RPM band.

it is a slight possiblity but it would sure be safer

The numbers are on a static dyno. Do you know how much additional fuel gets added due to the Ram air effect? I personally do not know the multipliers that Suzuki has programmed into the equation.

With Ram air programming, is it possbile that the slightly lean condition corrects itself?

I have not seen 91 Octane in my neck of the woods. Most pumps carry, 87, 89, & 93. Sheetz has 92. All with Ethanol.

This from the Dyno in a Trailer. They had not had a Busa on it. I also only had them do a 4th gear pull. I am told that 5th would have given more power.

Dyno-2008-GenII-after1.jpg

Last edited:
why would a 5th gear pull give it more power?

i have to say i am very pleased with my tune from Johnny , been on a few half day rides with a mix bag of rideing , and the bike is sick

even with the hotter temp , it still runs strong pulls hard and now i have it streched a bit , i can feal the tire brake loose a bit when i get on it hard !

any how nice dyno pull!

these bikes are sick !

love it

why would a 5th gear pull give it more power?

i have to say i am very pleased with my tune from Johnny , been on a few half day rides with a mix bag of rideing , and the bike is sick

even with the hotter temp , it still runs strong pulls hard and now i have it streched a bit , i can feal the tire brake loose a bit when i get on it hard !

any how nice dyno pull!

these bikes are sick !

love it

The Dyno guys say that 5th is 1:1 vice 4th having some reduction.

I agree, Shawn did an awesome job of tuning the bike for how I ride. This thing is like a whole different bike since the tune. I cannot be more happy.

I think the best attribute is the roll-on. I can roll-on in 6th gear from 2K RPM with OVER 450 lbs on its back! That is SICK:laugh:

anyone who had a custom tune should know how you feal, i took mine up the block after johnny worked his magic and o lord what a diff , and that was with low miles , it rocks, and the gas mil is still good 50+- realy have not tested to much , i know i can get almost 200 miles to a tank! and it seams i can only get about 3.5gal in it must have a reserve but never really run in it allways fill up when the light comes on if not befor !

I was looking into going to them for the ECU tune ( taking off the Bazzaz ) but they want between 350 and 500 depending on how long on the dyno. I don't mind spending the money for quality work but it seems a little high.

I was looking into going to them for the ECU tune ( taking off the Bazzaz ) but they want between 350 and 500 depending on how long on the dyno. I don't mind spending the money for quality work but it seems a little high.

that sounds about right for a good dyno tune.

I can cannot comment how Shawn and Rose run their business. As far as the value, that rests with you my friend!

I read in another thread that the tuner charged $275 for 2-hr then $75 for each hour after that.

Shawn was not in any rush to get me off of his Dyno. He took three hours of diagnosis, tune, verify, then re-tune. We did not finish until I confirmed that I was satisfied how the bike performed.

If that is the norm, then it appears they are at least in the ballpark. If not, it appears that there is MORE value for you tuning dollar at Cycle Connection.

For me, it was the personal service to make sure I was happy and the bike was tuned in a manner that met my needs. It did not hurt that Rose was very kind to my two son's for the full three hours. I took pictures and video for the whole duration of the tune.

Dozer think about this. How much did you pay for the bazzaz? You could sell that and atleast recoupe some of the dyno costs. just a thought.

I am not trying to say anything bad at all about there shop... I just can't justify switching from the Bazzaz to the ECU tune. I want to switch but that is a lot of extra money for probably no real gain... I agree I could sell my Bazzaz and it would help.

Dozer - Please do not take my comments as defending the shop. I am sharing my experience and what I placed value on. You may not care about the things I care about.

FWIW - I am not aware of any "add-on" product today that can accommodate all of the parameters that Suzuki programmed into the ECU. They modify a "few" parameters. The one and there are more I am sure, is the Ram Air effect. Do the add-ons work with, against, or have no impact on how Ram Air gets handled? ECU tuned, retains that as I understand.

Bear in mind that in reality, I will unlikely ever experience enough of the Ram Air effect. I am a twisties rider and I do not live at speeds that Ram Air would add value.

If you look strictly at the numbers, you might even lose some by switching from Bazzazz to ECU. IMHO you could only gain driveability differences.

Have you called the shop? I would talk to Shawn, explain your issue and see what advice he gives you.

how would you loose hp by going to ecu vs bazzaz? Dozer if there is nothing you want to do differently than what you have now, no need to drop the bazzaz to go ecu. And if you just want to add a couple of features and keep bazzaz on there for fuel tuning, thats certainly possible as well.

Back