Carillo H-Beam Rods w/SPS Carr Bolts
Wossner Turbo Pistons 9:1
ARP Head Studs
Stainless Steel Valves & Heavy Duty Valve Springs
New OEM Bearings
Built Transmission
APE Heavy Duty Clutch Springs
RCC Turbo & HKS SSQV BOV

Rick from Ricks Custom Cycle did the whole engine build/turbo install and I had it ECU tuned by Ryan Schnitz yesterday.

The bike runs very well, no hiccups anywhere. Not to sound like a HP snob, but I am a kinda disappointed with the dyno numbers. I used a .8 Bar which should produce about 11.6 PSI, but both the boost gauge & dyno only showed 10psi. I thought for sure I would be in the 300hp range. Ryan thinks the lower compression pistons are the main reason it didn't break 300hp. The 12.5:1 to 9:1 compression drops hp a lot more then I thought, along with the fact that its freshly built new motor and he thinks it will make more power as it breaks in.
With the 4psi spring the bike actually made 1 less hp then when it had the Titanium TiForce exhaust haha.

I took it for a test drive and 267hp/150 torque was a lot of fun! It was quick in the low rpms (def did not feel like it had the torque it used to down low.) It started to make boost around 5-6K then it really flew! I didn't get a big chance to really test it, just a couple blocks and I never got out of 2nd gear. Ican't wait for the weather to get a little nicer to tinker with it more.

Youtube vid of the last dyno pull of the day
- 08 RCC Turbo busa on Schnitz Dyno[/url]

matt 2.jpg

matt1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the replys! It looks like I'm right on target. I only got to ride it for about 5 minutes around town, (we were in a little hurry) my buddy that went with me picked up a 05 gsxr 1000 the same day. I can't wait to really experiment with it.
Posted via Mobile Device

rember greg your bike also has stock pistons in it witch puts it at about 10:5 to 1 c/r .
looks good matt have fun with it.

Thanks Rick, I'm sure it will be a ton of fun. I had no idea Lingenfelter was right down the road, I had to take a drive over there and check out their shop. To bad they aren't open on Sundays lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back