ECU Tuned by Cycle Connection

I will give Shawn a call and explain what I am looking to do and go from there. Thanks for the good review of his shop :beerchug:

how would you loose hp by going to ecu vs bazzaz? Dozer if there is nothing you want to do differently than what you have now, no need to drop the bazzaz to go ecu. And if you just want to add a couple of features and keep bazzaz on there for fuel tuning, thats certainly possible as well.

Greg - You would know this way better than I. My comment was based on my experience. I believe, 98% confident, that going for pure HP, I could have better numbers from my bike. I chose a different route and ended-up with what I have.

I know that HPC went for Max HP. Greg had stated that several times in his many threads about how he tuned bikes.

Am I wrong?

definitely wrong, makes no sense that changing the ecu vs a piggyback will make less hp.

tell that to my 08 turbo HEHE :)

356 hp / 217 ft*lbs of ecu tuned hp and torque :)

Thanks for the correction however, I did not properly explain myself. I absolutely believe in the ECU tuning process. I believe that in the end, it will provide a more reliable and, if so tuned, more HP than an add-on.

Based on Dozer's comments, it appeared that he would change the tune that could potentially result in less peak HP.

My opinion is based on research, I do NOT have any knowledge about the differences between ECU/Add-on tuning.

Horse is dead, further flogging will result in no added benefit:bowdown:

I had lost HP when I had my spare ECU flashed but that was only because HPC couldn't correct the map conversion from bazzaz to the ecu editor. When converted it was on the rich side and Greg didn't do ECU tuning. I agree that the ECU can give max performance in all areas and then some... I want a go over of my map to adjust for ram air ( ram air can be turned off in the ecu for dyno tuning from what I have read ) I might be on the lean side and don't want any leaner at high speed. I am going to see if he will just put my map in the ECU and fine tune things.

Back